Lowering Springs

Alter3go

I am going to put new rims on my vehicle and wanted to slightly lower it. Not SLAM it!! Thoughts on some good ones for a GR? I do value your opinions for my STI so if you all take time to message me on this matter I do greatly appreciate the support.

I have been looking at RCE yellows. I have really been eyeing the Eibach Pro lowering springs, but most day for sedan only :-/

Advice?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Your '13 should have better spring rates and struts than my '08. I think they sit a tad lower than mine too. IIRC?

I have no real experience with any thing other than my coils. When I was really thinking about dumping the coils a while back, My choices were narrowed to:

RCE yellows ---- nice even spring rate front and rear but stiffer than stock but not too much
Swift R Spec ---- stiffer rear vs. front so should help a bit with the problematic rear on the GR
Eibach ---- Progressive and a little lower so it should be more forgiving and a bit better street looks than the other two.

Yellows because I was going with Bilstein struts

Swift because I was going with Feal revalves

Eibach because staying on stock struts

Other than that, I can give you nothing else but what I've read and heresay.

Alter3go

Thanks for the info!! I do believe I'll go with the RCE Yellows getting pretty close to a choice these seem to be it

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I am running RCE Yellows on Tokico D-spec gas shocks. I am quite pleased and they don't drop the car too much. -25mm front, -20mm rear.