My 06 SGM STI, from begining to now...

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The radiator adds a nice look. This is something I wanted to do to mine but I never got around to it.

gerwulf

I will take that as a HUGE compliment from you considering that you have one really nice Subie, I just hope to have this one running soon. But since I still have no base tune from P&L I am beginning to wonder if it will ever run again.

gerwulf

Update time, P&L Mptorsports decided that they had better things to do than respond to my emails, make me a start up tune, or actually schedule a dyno tune for me. I called them about 5 times and never got any definitive answer from them. So I, lol, sent them an email cancelling any appointment they may or may not have made for me (which they may or may never see) and I contacted Cobb down in Texas and on the 20thcharger of december I have an appointment for a dyno tune this Saturday we will be starting it up for the first time.

gerwulf

Well, I am at Cobb Tuning in Plano Texas, the guys here are working on it and either tonight or tomorrow it will be tuned.

gerwulf

Well, I now know that a 3076 is actually a small turbo and not much better for good numbers than a stock one. Well, I have to start saving up for a 40r rotated setup. So, on a Mustang dyno, uncorrected, my car made 366awhp and 330 torque on 20 lbs of boost running on 94 octane.
2012-03-23_15-30-13_60.jpg

gerwulf

Was there a reason PSI wasn't increased beyond 20?
They said for an unsleeved block that 23 psi was the absolute max to boost it and at 20 psi we were pretty much maxing the flow of the turbo and would not see any significant increase in power by pushing another pound or two. I am hoping that because everything is ported and polished and the bigger valves that 20kept psi is like 24-25 psi on a non ported and polished set up. I will start looking at 40r turbos and rotated kits for next year.