My 06 SGM STI, from begining to now...

gerwulf

here is my current mod list on the car:
Walbro 255
1000cc injectors
T1 feul rails
custom stainless steel fuel lines
Airomotive fuel pressure regulator
TGV deletes (polished, ported, & ceramic coated)
Grimmspeed phelonic spacers
intake manifold and throttle body (ported, polished, and ceramic coated)
Perrin turbo inlet tube
Perrin/Injen cold air intake
Cobb 3" tbe
Grimmspeed up pipe with Tial 38mm external wastegate with dump tube
Grimmspeed electronic boost control
TurboXS hybrid bov
Agency Power pitch mount
ported, polished, and ceramic coated stock exhaust manifolds
+1mm valve job and bowl blend from Element Tuning (port and polish of heads performed by EvilSpeedracer)
Cosworth oil pump
Killer B oil pick up tube
AMS stage II short block with forged internals
ATP 3076r turbo
Perrin stealth fmic
ACT heavy duty clutch
Beatrush rear diff brace
Cobb AP v2

here is the car just after I got her home....
firstphotos2.jpg

my first mod and most controversial mod.....
home4.jpg

DSC01726.jpg

DSC01630.jpg

next I installed a Injen CAI, no tuning software yet, and no research into modding, I just jumped in....
injen1.jpg

some CEL signals later, a little research and the next mod was this....
mark009.jpg

along with one of these which was a pita to install....
209_large.jpg

next, for my birthday, my wife got me a couple of guages and a dash pod...
mark006.jpg

so here is another shot of the motor with the intercooler back on...
marks009.jpg

my Cobb AP and exhaust finnally arrived and so....
marks021.jpg

off with the old...
marks023.jpg

in with the new....
marks022.jpg

marks027.jpg

1_171small10-1.jpg

some fun in the snow....
DSC01553.jpg

Last edited:

gerwulf

next was a TurboXS hybrid bov....
jan098-1.jpg

I got to meet this guy...
mark085.jpg

mine + 2 buddies' Evos...
mark145.jpg

here was the next mod...
mark167.jpg

then came this modd....
DSC01998.jpg

the instructions were in Japanese lol....
DSC02002.jpg

here it is in it's natural habitat...
aaaa.jpg

next mod was this....
DSC02103.jpg

let me know if you want to see the whole install on that, I took pictures every step lol
next modd was an AEM wideband....
july039.jpg

july038.jpg

I eventually figured out how to have my CAI and not throw codes, lol just use the Perrin MAF section with my Injen CAI, BRILLIANT!!!
july041.jpg

next I painted the stock wheels since I decided to go in another dirrection with the car...
004.jpg

and this was the dirrection, after putting the CAI back on, I bought carbon fiber brake ducts....
DSC02169.jpg

ooohh, shiny roof....
006.jpg

gerwulf

next was a Perrin fmic, Jordan got me the hook up...
DSC02430.jpg

8-7-09-3.jpg

installing the fmic left me with a raggedly cut front bumper which I fixed by designing this...
bodymod006.jpg

bodymod008.jpg

next was the Deatchwerks injectors....
fuelinjectorinstall027.jpg

this was next...
untitled-6.jpg

along with a Grimmspeed ebcs
last photo taken of her before the breakdown....
62500005.jpg

gerwulf

nice build... minus those notorosious rims... and btw the drag strip isn't the subies natrual element ... just saying

Lol, this STI's natural habitat is the dragstrip, she has only been off of tarmac maybe a half dozen times and may never leave the asphalt again. I plan to do some suspension work to it but that will have to wait till after grad school. For now all my money will be tied up in a engine rebuild.

Mods
Perrin turbo inlet
Perrin fmic
Injen/Perrin cai
Cobb AP
Cobb tbe
Grimmspeed up-pipe
Grimspeed ebcs
Tial external wastegate
Deatchwerks injectors
Walbro fuel pump
AEM wideband
Beatrush rear diff brace
Agency Power pitch mount
ATP 3076R
I have a clutch and cams waiting for the new engine and heads

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
It's alright Mark, I know what you meant:thumbsup: Just a tip, put your mods/parts list in the first post so people can scan your setup by just going to the first post. I'm sure people don't read ALL the posts once the count goes up....I might if I'm bored when reading about something lol

I've thought about getting those cf brake ducts but idk. I didn't know you got a 30r! Which cams are you going to put in?

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Hmmm, I don't think I've ever seen mix up the cams like that. Best of luck with the end results.

icudruln

Awesome place for the wideband. You're the only other person I've seen put it in the AC vent besides me. :tup:

gerwulf

Awesome place for the wideband. You're the only other person I've seen put it in the AC vent besides me. :tup:

Two of my buddies also have theirs in that vent. I wanted a clean install and did not want the a-pillar guage pod. By 2 buddies both have WRXs. one is a 06 WRX, it is white and sexay!

gerwulf

Hmmm, I don't think I've ever seen mix up the cams like that. Best of luck with the end results.

the guy I bought them from made 580 whp off of his set up. He was on e85, bigger turbo and bigger injectors though. I will be interested to see what kind of hp mine will make on 94 octane.

gerwulf

well I am still saving up money for my build, but I just recently bought some parts, most from a buddy on the cheap, for my build.
first I bought a Killer B oil pick up tube.....
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjEtMjAxMTAzMDMtMTI0OS5qcGc.jpg

then I bought all of this......
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjItMjAxMTAzMDYtMTc1OS5qcGc.jpg

a Cosworth oil pump.....
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjMtMjAxMTAzMDYtMTc1OS5qcGc.jpg

ARP head studs, gasket, spacers, and Grimmspeed TGV deletes......
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjQtMjAxMTAzMDYtMTgwMC5qcGc.jpg

gerwulf

soon I will be pulling the old engine and sending the heads and cams off to Element Tuning for a port & polish and valve job. Then I need another $3,000 lol

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Your gonna love it. It's fun.

Sometimes I can't wait for my engine to blow so I can get my hands dirty again!

Oh shit did I say that out loud? :lol:

But really it will become addicting if you don't keep it in check.

gerwulf

Well, it has been a while since I last posted here on igotasti, very, very, very few of you drag race your STIs and so I did not have much to talk about and since mine is dead in the water I stopped posting. A lot of things have happened since the last time, mainly a lot of work and saving up money. About a month ago I charged up the STI's battery and after a year of sitting, she fired right up and I drove her around the house and into the garage. A real good buddy of mine was coming up from Florida to help me pull the motor. So I got started pulling everything off in preparation for the pull.

gerwulf

utf-8BSU1HMDAwODMtMjAxMTAzMzEtMTQ0My5qcGc.jpg

Well, here is the car in the garage before I got started....the next picture is some of my buddies that came over to help on the pull....
utf-8BSU1HMDAwODYtMjAxMTA0MDItMTQzOC5qcGc.jpg

Here is the motor coming out.....yay, after 3 hours of try to get it to separate from the transmission....
utf-8BSU1HMDAwODgtMjAxMTA0MDItMTkxNi5qcGc.jpg

And here it is on the engine stand being stripped......
utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTEtMjAxMTA0MDItMjEwMS5qcGc.jpg

I almost have the $$$$$ for the built short block. I am shipping off my heads to Element Tuning for the royal treatment, and my intake manifold and throttle body off to GrimmSpeed for porting, polishing, and ceramic coating. I have GrimmSpeed TGV deletes, phelonic spacers, Cosworth oil pump, Killer B oil tube, Titan fuel rails with 1000cc injectors and looking to get mounts and headers.

Last edited: