My 06 SGM STI, from begining to now...

bugeye_fever

Cool! Thanks man, I like the ported stock manifold, and have it in my plans. But I'll have to see how it compares to other headers by wieght. I'd love to save a couple lbs off the nose of the car. Good luck with the build!

gerwulf

Well, we are almost done with the porting and polishing......
imagejpeg_3.jpg

our tech is taking his time, but the results are great.

gerwulf

Cleaned up my ATP3076r with some Rust Stop high temp paint
utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDUtMjAxMTA3MzEtMTA0Mi5qcGc.jpg

And the exhaust and turbo are mounted, just waiting on oil seals
utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDYtMjAxMTA3MzEtMTIyNC5qcGc.jpg

Well, the intake is mounted, the phelonic spacers are in place and the old Perrin turbo inlet is installed
utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDgtMjAxMTA3MzEtMTMwMC5qcGc.jpg

Last edited:

gerwulf

Well, here she is at the moment, the cam gears are on and the timing belt is on, the marks are all lined up, I just need to get a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter so I can finish torquing down the cam gears, and a valve cover gasket then I can finish up.
utf-8BSU1HMDAyNTQtMjAxMTA4MDMtMDgwNi5qcGc.jpg

gerwulf

Update time, I finally got the motor put back together completely, and with a little cooperation from mother nature, we were able to put it in.
I put the clutch on....
aug2011023.jpg

sep20110051.jpg

sep20110091.jpg

Here is my very good friend helping....
sep20110081.jpg

here it is going in....
sep20110111.jpg

went in very easy.......
sep2011014.jpg

putting things back on...
sep2011016.jpg

gerwulf

I will clean it up this weekend and put the hood on. Before putting the hood on I will take some pictures.

gerwulf

waiting, and waiting.................waiting for my buddy to swap radiators with me, waiting for P&L Motorsports to find my emails and schedule a dyno tune and send me a base tune.........Man the waiting is killing me.

gerwulf

Nope, they are supposed to email me a base tune to break the car in on, then I will drive it up there for the dyno tune.