My 06 SGM STI, from begining to now...

gerwulf

Mark is going to hand out Ass Whipping's to some local V8's. It's been a long time coming.

Well, if all of the Evos had not been sold, I was planning on spanking some of them too. Well, I guess Dave has not gotten rid of his e85 fueled beast. I guess I can go hand him his ass lol. I installed his twin disc clutch, and test drove his car afterwards, it is stout. I did some more work on it today....
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDAtMjAxMTA2MjQtMTg0NS5qcGc.jpg

Last edited:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Oooo you're making me want a rematch even more now lol You and I were neck and neck back in 08 :D Back then you said you weren't going to do too much more to the car... lol

gerwulf

Oooo you're making me want a rematch even more now lol You and I were neck and neck back in 08 :D Back then you said you weren't going to do too much more to the car... lol
Yeah well that was before a cracked ringland cause me soooOooo much grief lol

gerwulf

So I took out my wire brush and got to scrubbing
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDMtMjAxMTA2MjUtMTI1NS5qcGc.jpg

Then I started installing the ARP head studs
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDItMjAxMTA2MjUtMTI1NC5qcGc.jpg

And then after thoroughly cleaning my oil pan, inside and out, I painted it and the put it on.
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDQtMjAxMTA2MjUtMTMyMC5qcGc.jpg

Well, here we are, waiting for my heads, COME ON ELEMENT TUNING
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDctMjAxMTA2MjUtMTM1OS5qcGc.jpg

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Oh so nice. I'm gonna use your final picture of your motor as my avatar. Nice work. Keep it up.

gerwulf

Oh so nice. I'm gonna use your final picture of your motor as my avatar. Nice work. Keep it up.
Haha, thanks. I think it will be beautiful when done. Would you like the picture to be with, or without the timing belt cover? I think fully assembled with the timingbelt and pulleys showing would be sweet.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Fully built will look the best. :thumbsup:

gerwulf

Update time.......I heard from Element Tuning and my heads are done and on their way to me. Yesterday I dropped off my now ported exhaust to be ceramic coated. Today I installed a Zero/Sports 160 degree thermostat. And I just about have everything ready to go. This Sat I will be getting the Mishimoto radiator.

gerwulf

Well, after almost a month and a half and over $2,000, I got my heads back from Element Tuning. Has to be the most expensive valve job in the world because they don't do any porting! Sooooo, we are doing a very safe and mild porting ourselves at No Lift Shift Performance.
You can see here that just a little needs to be ported on the intake side of things since the TGV deletees and the intake manifold are already gasket matched....
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjMtMjAxMTA3MTEtMTUyNi5qcGc.jpg

Here is a closer view....
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjUtMjAxMTA3MTEtMjE0Ny5qcGc.jpg

Element Tuning says that it is their experience that porting and polishing the exhaust ports leads to the Subaru head to crack so they don't port or polish. Our technicians here at NLS Performance looked over the exhaust ports and even consulted with a notable local builder who has had lots of his work in nationa domestic magazines. He agreed with our assesment. You can see here, that the exhaust ports stick out almost a 1/2 and inch from the outside wall of the head.
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjYtMjAxMTA3MTEtMjE0OC5qcGc.jpg

The water jackets inside the head are far enough inside and away from the exhaust port to be able to get safely away with some angle porting at the ends, and then polishing of the port after that. Nothing agressive. I will post up pictures of the finished product as soon as possible

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Still plugging away I see. I bet you can't wait for the end result.

gerwulf

Well, I picked up my exhaust from Performance Coatings Plus out of Joplin, MO. I could not be happier with the job they did. So, I could not afford headers, but I could afford porting and ceramic coating of my old exhaust
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMzAtMjAxMTA3MTgtMjEyOS5qcGc.jpg

gerwulf

Well, the heads are being ported and polished, should be done tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. I will then work like a mad man to get her ready to stab on Sunday. Here is a pick of the exhaust bolted together and ready for install....
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMzEtMjAxMTA3MjEtMTgwMC5qcGc.jpg