Need an extra 22HP in your STI for $39.95?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Has anyone seen or heard anything about this? We know Crawford Performance makes some really nice products, but we have never seen or heard about this before. Eco-Block?

Eco-Block (Q1)

$ 49.95 $ 39.95

Add to cartPosted in Eco-Block.

The Eco Block
Increase fuel economy and power as much as +8% in minutes with the patented Eco Block from Crawford Performance.

• Installation is simple and only requires a screwdriver
  • Satisfaction is guaranteed: if you aren’t satisfied, simply return the Eco Block to Crawford Performance for your money back.*
  • Increase fuel mileage, decrease exhaust emissions, and provide an improvement in horsepower

How is this possible?
Crawford Performance engineered the Eco Block based on 35 years of automotive racing experience. Most cars sold do not take full advantage of their potential by design, leaving up to 20% on the table. This is extra safe for the manufacturer, but it is not optimized for you, the owner.
This patented technology safely unlocks that potential. The manufacturer’s tune of the engine only utilizes 80% of its capability leaving room for improvement of both fuel economy and performance. The Eco Block has been tested on the racetrack and the street since 2011. By utilizing the basic principles of engine tuning, the Eco Block actually gives a greater benefit the more aggressively you drive.

Is it safe?
After years of testing, Crawford Performance is confident that you will be satisfied by the Eco Block. The patent pending technology is so good we offer a money back guarantee from Crawford Performance*.

Who is Crawford Performance?
Crawford Performance designs and manufactures premier aftermarket performance products in the USA and has been recognized with factory support from top International race teams. Crawford’s mission is to continue to push performance while ensuring the highest standards of quality and reliability.

Try the Eco Block, it will increase your fuel mileage, decrease your exhaust emissions and provide an improvement in horsepower.
* Please see www.crawfordperformance/ecoblockguarantee for information on returning your Eco Block if you are unsatisfied within the first year. Basic terms and conditions apply including proof of purchase.

eco-block-installed-150x150.jpg

Eco-Block (Q2)$ 49.95 $ 39.95

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Looks like snake oil to me. It looks like it attaches to the MAF and manipulates it in some fashion.

To be quite honest I am taken back a bit because I can't see Crawford selling something like this and the description doesn't explain a damn thing about what it is or what it does. I mean we are talking about a company that makes 800HP cars and they are claiming that this is going to knock out a measly 22HP. Also what does economy have to do anything with racing. I don't think their years of racing experience apply here and I for one would like to see empirical data and test results for this.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] this does seem strange to be honest.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I see what it is... It simply moves the MAF sensor away from the center of the flow profile and makes the ECU think it is taking in less air. This is only for stock tuned cars and it only works in Open Loop. The stock tune is fairly rich from the factory and it could stand with some leaning, but this is the wrong way to do it because it is taking no consideration to timing and EGT.

Hey lets lean out the STi! That sounds like a good idea to me! :shock:

Like I said it is snake oil and other people are calling them out on there Facebook page.

A tune is the only safe way to get the potential out of your car and you can do it better than this thing.

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Is crawford following the path of aem in their advertising?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Crawford Performance
To be honest our main target for this product is for cars that cannot be tuned like Toyota's. The EB works great on a turbocharged Subaru but if people are scared of it then it will not affect our sales much.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153185957774245&id=207046539244&refid=17

Crawford Performance
Sorry, I did not mean you were scaring people. Seems most of the Subaru tuners are talking so bad about this product. Its amazing how insecure they are about it.

Crawford Performance
Correct, the ECU thinks there is less air going into the engine so it lowers the fuel going in so they match.

Crawford Performance
Our EB has zero effect on the delay period between closed/open loop as it's a time based function.

Crawford Performance
It's impossible to change the air fuel ratio when the car is in closed loop. closed loop means the ECU will automatically adjust the AFR to match the closed loop table which is 14.7 to 1 or 1.0 Lambda.

Crawford Performance
Yes, it changes the X axis in every load based table within the engine control unit.

Last edited:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I chuckled when I read this. Reminds me of the Fitch fuel catalyst and the tornado intake doohickey of yesteryear. Lol

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
This sounds like a terrible idea. Maybe Crawford is trying to sell more pistons and engine rebuild kits. :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Guys. Im trading my car in for a 15 and im going to buy an aem intake alongside this crawford eco block. I think this is a wise route to go. The gains are insane compared to what you have to do on an 04 to get those insane gains. Thats 50 hp for about $300!!!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
This is gone viral on our social media page. People think we're getting paid to promote this. [MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION] came to our rescue.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Link me to what he said

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
This is gone viral on our social media page. People think we're getting paid to promote this. @TK-421 came to our rescue.

There's always an idiot that needs tuned up from time to time.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You guys are getting more chewed up that crawford is hahahaha.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Im waiting for crawford to respond to andys comment.