New to this site from Vancouver Washington

teedub21

I've had my 2013 STi 5 door just over one year to date. Mods so far, Grimmspeed limited edition divorced down pipe & matching turbo heat shield, Corsa cat back exhaust, COBB APV3, COBB fuel line fix, and a COBB pro tune from Lance Lucas at COBB Surgeline. Cosmetic stuff consists of Perrin 20mm wheel spacers, tail lights painted and tinted by Nexen, and Flapattax flaps. Hella horns with Subimods mount, of course. Car just ticked over 8700 miles.

Been spending most of my forum time over at NASIOC. While entertaining, the forum is a degenerate joke. Same new members asking stupid questions and same people talking smack to them and ganging up on them in the forum. Lots of info, but you've got to wade through 3ft deep of crap. Thought I'd check this forum out and see what else is out there!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!

Show us some pics of the ride!!!

What did you have prior?!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome [MENTION=4331]teedub21[/MENTION]. You'll love it here. No crap. ;)

teedub21

In the last three years; 2007 Toyota Tundra 4X4 lifted, BMW 135i COBB tuned, 2011 Mustang GT 6mt Brembo package car, and now the STi for the last year. The STi is the first "brand new" car I've bought for my self since 1993! My wife usually gets the new SUV every 3-4 years, but I trade too often to justify new, until the STi that is. They hold such a crazy high re-sale value there was no point in buying a used one.

Welcome! I'm up here in Kent, WA. Soon to put down on a STi order here in about a month.

teedub21

The 135 with a COBB OTS tune and dual cone intake was insane. Instant 80hp with just a tune! The suspension however is not up to the quality if the 3 series. I'd wanted a 5.0 before I bought the 135, then the shop where I bought the bmw took a 5.0 in on consignment. I sucked it up and made the trade after having the 135 for 3 months. The 5.0 had an awesome motor. I did a Steeda cold air intake and a custom Steeda tune with an SCT tuner. I've owned 5 different mustangs from fox bodies on up. The new gen with the Coyote V8 is the best. The 6 speed manual that Getrag sourced from China is absolute crap. If I had it to do over I'd have bought an auto. The 135 was a smaller car but had more interior space. The 5.0 is a pig of a car with no room inside.

So far I've enjoyed the STi but lately have desired something a bit more luxurious. The STi is so loud, terrible road noise and it rides pretty rough, but it is fun to drive and I enjoy the sounds it makes! I've considered another 335 having owned 5 BMW's and enjoying them. That motor makes so much power on just a flash it's crazy.