3d578261a0ba29c9d3dde38a15abf653.jpg

Pretty excited

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
6740 Congrats, dude!!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
6742 we have people here looking for coupons.

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
6745 - Shit just keeps going wrong around here. On my way back from class, I noticed a loud rattling and banging noise coming from the rear end of my daily driver ('06 Focus). I pulled into a gas station for a look at found that my exhaust was hanging low. I figured I'd find the hanger had wiggled it's way out, but when I got a look under the car, I find that the hanger is gone. Completely.

All that's left is a completely rusted through piece of what used to be the hanger. I wonder what the best, makeshift, non-ghetto rigged way is to fix this. If I had a welder, I could just weld a new hanger on where the other one was, but I don't. I was thinking about using a galvanized steel cable or something similar.

My brain is so drained from the combination of school and a challenging workload at the office, that I'm probably missing something. Anyone have better ideas?

Thanks in advance.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
6746 - Steel cable will work.

��Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!��

Last edited by a moderator:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
6747 Use a metal coat hanger. It's ghetto, but it'll hold for now. :rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
6748 - Believe it or not, none of the Home Depot's near me (and similar places) have the cable or cable clamps I need in stock. I'd have to wait a week. I mean, I hardly believe that, but that's what's listed on their website. So I think I'm going to go to Ace Hardware and get some galvanized steel duct strap. That should do the trick I'd assume.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
6747 Use a metal coat hanger. It's ghetto, but it'll hold for now.
sFun_rofl.gif

6749 - I'd hate to have to use coat hanger, but if that's the case, then so be it. I'll fit right in with all the other hoopties around here. The only difference will be that the driver of this particular hoopty actually knows what the sights on his pistol are for.

6750 so went to change cabin filter today and there was a rat nest:/ I don't eat in my car. And interior stays clean. How to I keep them little guys out??

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
6752 he wants to ride in an STi. ?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
6754 burn him out! ?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
6756 go around a bend sideways. He won't be able to hang on. ?