OT: Count To A Million Game!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
6778 - Have you considered phenolic spacers to reduce manifold heat soak from the heads?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
6777 - I actually have some TGV Deletes in the garage that I never installed because they were too fat for my turbo inlet. Idk whether they'd work for you or not, but I really should sell them sometime. They've been out of the box, but wrapped up in bubble wrap for a while. I'd have to find a sales record or something to remember what make they are.

6779 I've convinced myself to go with the 2.5 impreza manifold from the 05+ impreza since I've read pretty much every article on the forums about modifying manifolds and running different stock or aftermarket manifolds.

Pretty much the issue I was researching is the big boys with the 35r larger turbos are the ones that run these manifolds and not too many of the mid size turbos run them due to most people running mid size turbos pretty much won't see huge gains from it.

I've found feedback from two people that said they saw about 15-40 WHP gains on the old FP green running the na manifolds as well as feedback saying it won't kill your lower mid power band so I'm giving it a try on my stock location FP HTZ turbo. I'm not sure about the 40 whp claim and don't expect that gain from it.

Worst case scenario if I don't like the power band it creates I will go back to my sti manifold in a reverse facing configuration after porting it when I go rotated turbo if I ever do.

The whole reason I have over researched this na manifold ideal is because I love the fact that the runners are nearly identical in flow which I believe will result in safer tuning keeping each cylinder more equal on AFR and iat.

Also yes ill be using phenolic spacers since you have to use them to clear the avcs when using the 2.5i manifold.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
6781 - One 12 oz. Red Bull and 10 oz. of strong black coffee down. Another 10 oz. of strong black coffee on it's way. It feels like I've been here all day already. Can't decide if I'm hot or cold, but sweating regardless...

"Just a few more hours, just a few more hours, just a few more hours..."

6782... Then go home and get some rest. This is what sick time is for. Don't get your co-workers sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
6783 - They are already sick...that's how I ended up like this. I seem to be the last one to get it. Luckily, I work alone mostly, back in a lab away from everyone else. I've got a bunch of Lysol wipes for the workstation. Plus, I'm running very low on vacation and sick time.

6784 so tommorrow I have to take my car to freaking geico so they can check it for modifications. WTF!!!! I guess it's Bc they put a 100k mile warranty on it. Looks like I'll be voiding two warranty

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
6785 wtf?! ive never had an insurance company ask me to do that.. what do you have? they wont say anything about the wheels i dont think. if you can just take the stuff off that might void it

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
6786 - and who's going to inspect it?

But you don't really have much done right now, right? You haven't even had the car that long if I remember correctly.

6787 nothing is done to it yet just wheels and exhaust. But soon to be intake and ap. And I guess the insurance company.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
6790 - Well, I hope they are reasonable about it at least. Maybe you can decline some part of your insurance coverage and this will no longer apply, unless the bank requires it.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
6792 - Can you put an end to the warranty? You're going to break it anyway.

Last edited:
6794 yeah I say I could but let's just see how much they know about cars hahaha. I'm not paying anything extra for it lol

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
6795 - That might be okay then if you aren't paying more. But ask lots of questions about the whole thing *without* letting on that you plan to further modify the car.

6796 that's the plan. They called my mom Bc that's how the policy name is under so she has to take it in I told her to ask a lot of questions since I have to dog sit which is bs. They told her they are lookin for nos and intakes and stuff like that so cobb intake looks stock so should get away with that haha

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
6797 - You'll probably be okay then.