Post EBCS install logs

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I decided to move from my EBCS install thread to a new one here.

I did three logs today. The morning had a partial pull and afternoon-1 should have some 3rd and 4th gear pulls. Afternoon-2 was pretty traffic-ey so not much gassing it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aics16LC4qhLdFV2aG1ITHh2ZjdLcFdiTTlScmh1MWc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aics16LC4qhLdEJXalQxUzhPQUpEYWNhajREVWdIanc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aics16LC4qhLdFE2ODJ3N3dfWU9laXpmRG41RlJoZ2c

Looks like some knock in all the logs. :(

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Looks like you will be installing those one step colder plugs after all :lol:

This is likely bad gas or carbon build up in the cylinders. You can throw a gallon of toluene in the tank and see if that fixes it. For the long term you need to have the tune looked at but it also wouldn't hurt to have a boost leak test done.

IIRC from the last thread the fuel trims under cruise conditions were acceptable and your IDC's in this log are good so I would suspect Air Fuel is good. But we won't be 100% about that with out a wide band reading.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I have an LC-1 just waiting to go on. However, im electronically retarded so I'm hesitant to start the process!

Anything I can log in the mean time? Or any parameters to adjust on my tune until I can meet Vermont next?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Refresh my memory... what year is your car?

Probably the easiest thing to do would be to send me your atr map and I would just adjust it. But before anything like that is done we need to have exhausted all other possibilities first. The worst thing we can do is put a band aid on an infected wound.

We need to confirm it is not gas first. To do that you need to fill up an empty tank at another quality gas station like Shell or Mobile OR put a couple gallons of Toluene in the tank and fill the rest of the tank with premium gas. If it is not that then we need to check the system properly for leaks. If it's not that then you have to replace and properly gap your plugs. And finally SeaFoam if all else fails. If at that point you still have the knock then it is safe to say that it is just the nature of the beast and an adjustment to the tune is in order.

The bottom line, on a healthy motor with quality fuel, you should be getting no knock at WOT. IMO :tup:

I also can't stress the importance of the wide band. And the ability to log it as well.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
It's an 07.

I was pretty much on empty yesterday (1/8 tank...was toying with doing the fuel pump), but I filled up this morning at a Sunoco.

I don't have an air compressor or an boost leak tester... but i've ordered:
a) a new brass tee for my boost gauge. the plastic one broke and theres a good chance it was the cause of a slight leak. Its out for delivery today
b) a new silicone elbow for my IC with t-bolts. My old one was pretty gnarly. Ordered yesterday, should be here soon.

I also realized the plugs i have lying around are NOT the one-step-colder, so I'm gonna see if I can exhange them at autozone or something.

But yeah, no knock!