GR RDKLSTi ? 518whp/492wtq (MD) 2008 STi

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Sweet, can't wait to see them! :tup:

Deek

Got the header, uppipe & turbo bolted on tonight... that 3rd bolt on the uppipe was a major pain in the ass, my reward for finally getting it snug was some awesome lofthouse cookies.

Would have prefered to ditch the heat-wrap and get everything coated, but money's tight right now. Maybe v2.1 will bring more goodies... if there is a v2.1. ;)

Pics posted in first post.

Deek

Pics posted in first couple posts.

Bolted on the accessories today... A/C, power steering, alternator. Also got the TGVs on (deleted). Goal is to get it in the bay tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Lookin good. Keep on truckin

Deek

More progress getting things bolted onto the engine today, pics added to first posts.

I have a few connectors from the engine harness that I'm unsure of, they're shown in the posted pics. I'm also going to find the appropriate subforum to look for help.

Deek

Pics added to first few posts.

Since OutFront Motorsports needed my stock case-halves as a 'core exchange' for my closed deck small block, I brought them my completely stock EJ257 engine to tear down and assess. I picked up the remaining parts (everything but the case-halves) on the 14th. They gave it all a clean bill of health and my goal is to sell it off to recoup some of the costs of the build, so hit me up if you're interested in anything.

On the 15th, I pulled the hood and front bumper since the engine is just about ready to go in.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I love those MOROSO AOS's. Looks like a nice piece. What did that set you back?

Deek

Slight delay because my wife and I had a baby on the 21st, but I'm back in the garage and making progress with my time off. Engine is finally in, now it's just a matter of buttoning everything up.

Pics added to first posts.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Slight delay because my wife and I had a baby on the 21st, but I'm back in the garage and making progress with my time off. Engine is finally in, now it's just a matter of buttoning everything up.

Pics added to first posts.

Congrats on the new kiddo.

Deek

Congrats on the new kiddo.

Thanks! :)

Got the interior all sorted out and then more of the engine bay buttoned up. Since my battery is located in the hatch, I was able to reroute my TurboXS FMIC piping, which allows me to reinstall my stock coolant overflow reservoir as well as maintain fog lights without rubbing on the piping.\

Pics added to the first post(s).

Deek

Stopped in to see my buddy Navid at K-Powered in Palm Springs. Helped him a little with his race engine tear-down and he welded some beads on my FMIC piping that had to be cut. Came home, took a nap for a few with my boy and then headed back out to the garage to finish up the engine bay.

Just waiting on my Dimple magnetic oil and (both) diff drain plugs and I'll be able to do all of my fluids, prime this thing and fire it up.

Oh, I also raised my rear coils a hair; my 275/40's chewed through the upper part of the inner lip of my rear bumper. Since I have a brand new OEM bumper on there now, I don't want that happening again.

As usual, pictures have been added to the first post(s).

Deek

Finally on the road again! Modded the front bumper a bit for more airflow to FMIC, might cut a little more... waiting to see how I feel about how I've got it now after a few days/weeks.

Pics added to first post(s).

Deek

looks mean!

Thanks man! I snapped a couple more pics of the front bumper, as requested (one of of these build thread deals ;)).

Oct 12 - 14: Tire balance & rotation, A/C charge, a couple interior shots, bath time and a meet with some local subie-pals at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Pics added to the first post(s).

Deek

Looks good. How does she drive ?

Thanks man! I'm on a pretty gimped break-in map (based on my supporting mods) from Church right now, "cams are dialed back and wastegate is zeroed out"... idling really nice and feels good, can't wait to get it on the dyno and see what its capable of. Going to get a 15 psi map here shortly to flash after 500 miles, and then at 3k miles in goes Motul 8100-xcess and off to Church with a few gallons of boost juice for the tune.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What do you think you'll make on the dyno?

Deek

What do you think you'll make on the dyno?

Ouch, a whopping 3 AWHP/TQ? ;)

The last tune with 50/50 alc/water on Edwin's old engine netted 430 AWHP/TQ.

Now I have oversized valves, stage 2 cams (and supporting necessities) along with a closed deck block with forged goods inside. Should be able to get over 500 AWHP/TQ with 50/50 meth/water and a 30~ psi tune (or whatever the crap southbend stage 3 daily clutch can handle). Of course I won't daily that, I'll have a separate tune around 20~ psi for that, which should still be around the high 300 AWHP/TQ mark.

Another part of me is contemplating getting myself a 55 gal drum and filling it up every month or so at the only E85 station around (40 min drive). But I'm not sure if I want to deal with all that.