Second cam sensor issue in 1 month...

Was it a Subaru dealership or performance shop? I feel since it's such an intermittent issue a shop would have a hell of a time finding out what's going on. Cobb looked at it last month and didn't really have much of an idea where to start other than with wire connections (which are all good). Because the issue is so sporadic it is hard to trouble shoot. :tdown:

Vermont

Was it a Subaru dealership or performance shop? I feel since it's such an intermittent issue a shop would have a hell of a time finding out what's going on. Cobb looked at it last month and didn't really have much of an idea where to start other than with wire connections (which are all good). Because the issue is so sporadic it is hard to trouble shoot. :tdown:

Took it too a performance shop as any dealership would take one look at the mods and freak the fuck out and blame it on them. I am surprised that Cobb has no idea. I had thought they of all people would be able to nail it down, as much as I hate Cobb in general they do tend to have competent people working for them. From how random this issue is, and that it does not happen at a set load or rpm, I am willing to bet wiring, such as a frayed wire that is getting intermittent connection. Your problem sounds just like mine just not as bad.
6831104362_0f643a224c_z.jpg

My wires that were frayed were directly under the coolant over flow tank on the top passenger side of the engine (black little tub). As you can see with mine I had a good 2-3 wires cut, that were just touching every now and then so it would work sometimes... I know for sure this fixed my issue as I just took the car out and everything was good to go. Don't test it with a volt meter or check the connections actually trace the wiring and wiring harness as much as you can to see if it is being pinched or frayed in any space..... If I had thought to do that from the start my self it would have saved me a good $500.....

Man that looks bad!

In their defense I didn't hand it to Cobb to fix. While getting an oil change we spent 15 min or so under the hood discussing it. I'm more than confident they could figure it out. I'd just rather not be without my car for a day and risk paying for several hours of labor on something I could do my self. God knows how long it will take since it is a random occurrence.

I will go over my harness with a fine tooth comb this weekend. I'm unable to see the section that are under the manifold though...

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Man that looks bad!

In their defense I didn't hand it to Cobb to fix. While getting an oil change we spent 15 min or so under the hood discussing it. I'm more than confident they could figure it out. I'd just rather not be without my car for a day and risk paying for several hours of labor on something I could do my self. God knows how long it will take since it is a random occurrence.

I will go over my harness with a fine tooth comb this weekend. I'm unable to see the section that are under the manifold though...

So is this still the same issue you have been battling since way back? I can remember looking over some logs and suggesting it was fuel (fuel pump) related IIRC. What did you do to rule that out?

So is this still the same issue you have been battling since way back? I can remember looking over some logs and suggesting it was fuel (fuel pump) related IIRC. What did you do to rule that out?

I replaced the hose going from the pump to where the stock filter was. I was honestly about to text you regarding this... The issue is not like it was back then where I could recreate it by giving throttle then letting off real quick... But I was wondering if I hadn't really fixed that issue by replacing the hose with one that is on much tighter and this is it resurfacing.

Could a fuel pump cutting out cause a cam sensor issue and not trigger any other CEL's? During the cam sensor issues the car would idle rough and back fire... Could that be from lack of fuel and that lead to the miss fires that threw the cam sensor code?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm mostly wanting to get this down here before I loose my train of thought and forget lol.

Back to work for me now. :(

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Ahhh its coming back to me now... Yeah this sounds like a whole other problem and the Fuel Pump is not related to the cam sensor in any way. I'm back to being just as confuzzled as you.

Vermont

The thing with code P0340 is that when ever it is thrown no matter what the ecu then stops listening to that sensor. So even if the sensor and wiring is good but the ecu freaks out and calls the code you will still get a very hard to start car, shitty idle and back fires on WOT, just the nature of the beast man. I would say that since the problem came and went away with an oil change that you might have some junk floating around in the head.... As to why the car stalls under light throttle and constant driving but cant be replicated... fuck dude that makes me think wiring issue. Best thing to do would be to take the car out and try and replicate the instance by going though as many RPM and Load combos as you can. No guarantee that will work but other than taking it in, I am out of ideas....