Spamby's '08 STi

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Here you go. Nothing special to look at.

DSCN1054.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Dang home boy clean that car. :)

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Dang home boy clean that car. :)

It's pretty bad. The weather is supposed to moderate this week so I'll get out there to clean it.
I've also got some rally armor flaps that have been sitting for about 4 years. I'm thinking of installing them cause the side of the car is catching hella dirt. Yea or nay?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Are you asking us if you should install them or not?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Hell yeah dude...put 'em on! Not only does it protect the paint and keep the car a little cleaner, but I think it adds more of a rally look.

Btw, many people say you need to remove your wheels for this install. Idk about the GR's (because I have a GD) but it's not necessary, easier yes, but not necessary. Make sure you have some offset screwdrivers or you probably will need to remove the wheels. Also, a pocket full of zip ties always helps. I'm the type that is paranoid about screws coming loose, so I often hide a zip tie in there somewhere to prevent losing the whole flap, should the screws come loose.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Hell yeah dude...put 'em on! Not only does it protect the paint and keep the car a little cleaner, but I think it adds more of a rally look.

Btw, many people say you need to remove your wheels for this install. Idk about the GR's (because I have a GD) but it's not necessary, easier yes, but not necessary. Make sure you have some offset screwdrivers or you probably will need to remove the wheels. Also, a pocket full of zip ties always helps. I'm the type that is paranoid about screws coming loose, so I often hide a zip tie in there somewhere to prevent losing the whole flap, should the screws come loose.

I put one on when I first got them and then didn't like it. I thought it stuck out too far. And it was kinda a pain putting on. Lol
But I have rooster tails of dirt down the side of the car and paint is chipping at the rear fender bulges.
I think I'll give it a go again.

Oh and I'm looking at the roof vents again... cutting holes in me car muuuuuahhhh!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Rally Armor flaps have elongated mounting holes, so you can slide them in or out depending on the look you want. I personally like them sticking out just a little bit, but to each their own. As for cutting a hole in your roof for a vent, I'm jealous....but also terrified for you. Idk if I could be convinced to try it myself.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Rally Armor flaps have elongated mounting holes, so you can slide them in or out depending on the look you want. I personally like them sticking out just a little bit, but to each their own. As for cutting a hole in your roof for a vent, I'm jealous....but also terrified for you. Idk if I could be convinced to try it myself.

It's the price that scares me. Lol but I'm gonna do the JDM version since it fits with a nice trim piece. It's on the side burner so won't be done right now given winter and well gotta get past 400 bucks

I noticed that with the adjustment on flaps. I'll play with it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You want the flaps to stick out just a little to protect your paint.

Do it. You'll like it. ?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
OH BOY! FAIL.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
OH! We thought it was your brain. :rofl:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Yuck yuck. You're such a funny guy. But this is probably going to kick my ass. Lol it's always the little projects..

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Dude this is so easy [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] could do it. :tard:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Its so easy that mine are butchered up. Im the example of a ghetto rigged mudflap. And no you will not see pics! :angry:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Kinda a pita. Add the fact it was freezing but they're done.... and they look pretty good. I'm actually happy with it.
lol they're only a fingers width from the ground like a half inch.. They're gonna get toasted. And the tires are even with them if not a squeak outside.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Got pics to show us?