Steering issue

@Slacker
I know its kind of basic but check all the nuts/bolts and make sure everything is tightened down to spec. Sounds like something is either loose or perhaps air in power steering lines. Could also be as you said the bearings in your top hat could be sticking.

:04ftw:

Last edited:

Slacker

I did change the rack about a year ago. It does loose power steering at about 1500rpm-1800rpm it gets hard to turn then works just fine. im thinking air bubble. will burp it when I get home.

That happened to me once. Ended up being an O ring on one of the lines that was sucking up air. Let me see if I can find a link to any of the common area's.

:04ftw:

[MENTION=1513]Slacker[/MENTION]
Also when you get a chance check for leaks anywhere in the power steering system. For me it was the o-ring on the power steering pump return line to thepower steering pump reservoir.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I dont remember if it was mentioned before, but could it be a bad wheel bearing thats causing play (which would cause the intermittent steering issues)?

Slacker

both front wheel bearings are new as of 5 months ago, the rear .... ill have to check them , lat time i did they were fine.