GR t00mes Mineral White Metallic Varis Widebody 2011 GR

Grinder34

Track Monkey
damn your car looks good!

toomes

I am sure the Mishimoto grade is not the highest quality, but it certainly made a difference. You can see the heat knock has been literally removed entirely from driving, back to back to back to back to back pulls, cleaned up. For the cost of a roll and 90 minutes of my time - two thumbs up.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
What size was your roll (eg, 1.5" x 10')?

Looking at buying some stuff, and i'm curious how many sqare inches I'll need. I'm thinking of going the ebay route with some of the silver foil (honestly, what's the difference...they all seem to advertise 80-90% radiant heat rejection).

toomes

My roll was 2" x 35' I still have some left. I don't there really is much difference other than its presentation :)

toomes

Ordered a Perrin Turbo Blankie to keep the cooling mods coming along. Also getting ready to do some fuel delivery modifications and an FPR.

STimedic

Nice. I might have to try some....but I'll need two rolls.....my TMIC is twice as thick as yours.

As far as thermal barrier....I currently have my 3-piece APS DP ceramic coated with the attached mini-heat shield with the coated GS turbo heat shield. But it'll never be enough, I still need to get my hotside barrier coated.

Last edited:

toomes

Motor
1. CP Pistons
2. Manley H-Beam
3. Cosworth Bearings
4. Stock Sleeve
5. Stock Crank
6. ARP Case bolts
7. ARP Head studs 2000
8. Torque Solution motor mounts

Heads
1. Tomeii Race CAMs
2. +1mm Valves
3. Guides
4. Retainers
5. Springs? Dual/Beehive

Turbo
1. PTE 5858 V-band / EFR**?
2. Custom Equal-Length header up-pipe V-band
3. Custom Downpipe V-band
4. Custom Intake Manifold?
5. Composite TGV deletes
6. Custom FMIC /w piping
- Core size, end tanks built
7. Single/Dual Wastegates, recirc?
8. BOV
** EFR, no bov, etc needed.

Drivetrain
1. Exedy twin disc

Fuel
1. Fuel Rails / lines. Maybe Perrin / modded
2. Current 900CC FIC
3. DW 65c

Other
1. Radiator
2. Catch can / AOS
3. Intake? S/D / Velocity Stack?

toomes

Basically this is the sum of the conversation that happened today for the winter project. HAHA. So we shall see.

toomes

Fun update:

My brother in law backed into my car with his 40ft boat. Later hood! Thank god my car was dumped on the ground, otherwise my radiator and the rest of my front end would have been destroyed! In the shop having the front end of the car repainted and new OEM hood on.

toomes

Well, it's been another long while since an update. Interesting one this time, I think :)

My hood was repaired and the paint match was fantastic! Due to all of my suspension mods and in light of my accident last year, I decided to pick up a SPARCO harness bar and ST?US racing harness. 2 sexy additions, if I say so myself.

The real update here is the fuel system:
385640_10151107425898557_1286659434_n.jpg
248482_10151107420753557_2141413117_n.jpg

Last edited:

toomes

Haha, we have a bunch out west, little scarce out east, but these cars can't handle e85 stock for very long.