TGV delete

saintswrx

Tumble Generated Valve. The primary purpose of a TGV delete is to remove the divider bar and butterfly valve inside the TGV assembly to improve airflow to your engine so i am wondering if this is worth it some places say there are good gains from this well others say its not worth the time?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
This is definitely worth the time and effort IMO. This removes a huge restriction and improves the over all flow and profile of the charge entering the motor. Unfortunately I do not have any specific data to support this but everyone I ever performed showed noticeable results even on stock turbo applications. TGV deletes will also compliment other mods such as head porting/polishing, turbo upgrades, intake and inlet piping, and headers.

saintswrx

ya i was looking into the phenolic spacers as well but from what iv heard there is clearance issue with the hood if you have TMIC which i plan to stick with

saintswrx

dont you still end up having the TGV's if you get a new intake manifold or does it just depend on which manifold you go with?

icudruln

TGV Deletes are definitely worth it. My tuner was surprised at our final results when I got tuned. He'd never done an E85 tune on a Subie with TGV deletes with anything less than a 20G :lol:. While it was time consuming, it was worth it.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I did the KSTech tgv delete kit. It just takes out the bar and flaps but no port n polishing of the inside of the housing itself. I didn't do back to back testing since I installed these right before my turbo kit so I can't tell you how much I gained but I went ahead and did it since I had planned on pushing mo boost :D I hope to get the ports matched to the heads and possibly pnp the housing though.

PS the KSTech kit is only 62 bucks!!

Last edited:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Well if it's your first time, a while to say the least. I followed the instructions from subimods.com. It took me around 16hrs to complete the whole thing since I went step by step and had to find every clip, hose, bolt, clamp etc. Now, it only takes me 30min to pop the manifold off. Once you have the tgv housings out, it's a piece of cake. Just drill through the rivets in the flapper bar and the flappers fall out. Then just tap the bar out of the housing then the kit goes in. I put rags in the head ports so I could clean off the residue from the gaskets. I used new ones to be sure I got a good seal. As for the cold starts. Fine....in TX lol I think the coldest was maybe high 20's. Plus my idle was 1k rpm (warm) not 750. Here is a link to some of my pics from the project:

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/STi_FR3AK/My STI/Engine/TGV Delete/