TGV Deletes

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'm saving up and compling parts for a tune this spring. I'd like to get the straight dope on TGV deletes. How much power do they offer? Do they offer smoother airflow and thefore a safer tune? Is there a recommended method for doing so (such as the KS tech TGV deletes vs a more "professional" method involving welding and whatnot)?

I'd love to hear your opinions on the matter.

leftbehind126

I used APS TGV Deletes.

Some are different as far as quality goes. If you want to run a 3" inlet/big turbo they're required since it'll hit the TGV motors.

As you mentioned, you will need a tune for the deletes.

Samurai Jack

^^^ This is one of the most useful answers I have ever seen on TGV Deletes.

What would be your opinion on simply removing the butterfly plates, doing some clean-up and mild port work to smooth the flow, and knife-edge the dividers, as opposed to ripping it all out?

Why? Wondering if leaving the dividers in place would be a positive thing towards fuel dispersion, or if the air/fuel injection separation by the dividers is just an after-effect of the butterfly plates.

It would seem that the biggest obstruction would be the butterfly plates, and the divider and butterfly bars have a much lesser effect

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Check, double check and triple check on fitment. I have a GT3071 (stock position), Grimmspeed phenolic spacers and an AMR Performance 3" turbo inlet.
I tried to fit (AMS I think, I'd have to check) AMS TGV Deletes into the mix, but they don't fit with the 3" turbo inlet. I think this has been mentioned before, but good food for thought...

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Which GT3071?

I have fit this exact setup on a car that had an ATP GTX3071.

It's a pain in the ass, but it fits. The biggest issue is the coupler.

To be completely honest, I'm not even sure. I acquired this turbo through a friend. He had purchased
a butt ton of parts just before knocking up his wife and finding out it was going to be twins....lol

I wish I could find the sales receipt, but this way a few years ago. Anyway, I'm knowledgeable enough
to know it wasn't a cheap ass Ebay special, I remember the price tag being $1,789 for the turbo and kit.
I do NOT remember the tag saying GTX, just "GT3071 Stock Location".

Speaking of which......sorry it's a little OT......in what ways could I confirm? Cross reference numbers on
the turbo itself? Damn...lol...I really don't want to remove my heat shield just to look at the numbers but
one day I will if you can point me in the right direction.

Also, the coupler area was where we ran into problems with fitment. Honestly, I think it was more the fault
of the TGV deletes being huge and beefy and less of the turbo inlet fitment. At some point here, I plan on selling
those TGV deletes.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
...when it comes to studs and the casting itself. Compare pictures to what is on their website.

I looked at a bunch of pics online and I'm 90% sure it's an ATP, primarily because of the studs and casting.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Hmmm...I swear it was impossible to fit. I had lots of help...3 shop mechanics and a knowledgable friend. But I don't remember trying to install it quite like you mentioned so I'm guessing we all @#$&ing failed. Lol

Honestly, I'll probably wait to try the install again until I'm ready to swap the motor in the next year or two. Mostly because I'll of course need a retune with the TGV deletes and the shops near me are more expensive for dyno/tuning time than anywhere I've ever lived...

...which of course is the reason we discussed widebands earlier (so I could get an e-tune from George).

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Hmm, interesting. I was thinking of doing the TGV delete sometime. Also do the hard inlet.
On a side note, is a retune necessary for the delete or is it just a matter of disabling the codes only? I have read conflicting info regarding the retune.