GD The BAD STI.... It has been a good run.

You'll all be happy to know I retract my statement. Drive train loss is not a constant. Don't know what I was thinking because as I sat at work trying to prove myself right I kept thinking to my self "well now thats not right" and "well now neither is that damn it".

I concede.

Damn I was hoping to see a good case put forth. I know the majority of those who believe it is a constant are highly eductated and make good points. I respect you conciding though. It's one of the things in life I have yet to master. I'm to stubborn for my own good.

However.... I don't think you were entirely wrong. It CAN'T be a fixed percentage. It could be an exponential equation....

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
WOW Holy you concede?

Yes I'm very conceded LOL!

Damn I was hoping to see a good case put forth. I know the majority of those who believe it is a constant are highly eductated and make good points. I respect you conciding though. It's one of the things in life I have yet to master. I'm to stubborn for my own good.

However.... I don't think you were entirely wrong. It CAN'T be a fixed percentage. It could be an exponential equation....

As I was hashing threw this at work, I can't see how these highly educated people can come to the conclusion that it is constant and not realize at some point that it is impossible and is quite a paradox if you really delve into the implication. There is a law of physics known as "conservation of information" that essentially states that energy and/or matter (or if you are of the new camp that suggests energy and matter are one) can not be either created or destroyed. By suggesting that power loss is a constant in any system is in direct violation of this because this would mean that when loads and friction is increased and efficiencies are decreased, that some how all this extra energy is created to make up the difference. It boggles my mind really.

jswansti

Nice car, and build! How do you like the T1 conversion and ID 1000cc's? I was originally gonna get DW 850cc's but the tuner i'm gonna use supplies the T1 kit and helped develop it I guess. And for only $50 more than the DW's it seems well worht it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah I would like to see the dyno sheet also.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm so envious. I can't stop looking at that torque curve. I've jacked off three time now. And that boost curve... I never thought flat could be so sexy.

Paul.c

You do realize that there is nothing on that dyno sheet, right? Does that mean your engine blowed up?

Ok, so when you view those dyno sheets on Tapatalk they show up as blank dyno sheets, no tq or hp, just grid lines. I can see it fine now though.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Looks like Paul needs to step his game up or he wont keep up with us Jared lol

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm so envious. I can't stop looking at that torque curve. I've jacked off three time now. And that boost curve... I never thought flat could be so sexy.

Holy don't hurt yourself! I don't wanna see you not able to work on your STi cause of Jared's car, lol! Jared looks really good bro.