The Nerd's 06 STi

Been hella busy as of late, and have had almost no time to post. I Recently got my hands on a bone stock 06 STi. I have just recently really had the time and $ to start working on it. So far mods are slim,and I really don't have a goal or plan yet. I just want to keep it looking stockish, but add as much hp and handling as I can. I want to do more suspension mods. I am looking at doing springs and sway bars next. In the not too distant future I also hope to get new pistons & rods, clutch & flywheel, fuel system, and a FP green or 20G. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Mod list installed:
1. Kartboy SS&Bushings
2. Cobb AP
3. Silencer delete + K&N drop in
4. Blacked out tails & Powdercoated rims
5. PTP Turbo Blanket

Mods ordered & not installed
1. Cobb TBE
2. Grimmspeed Pulley
3. Defi Boost and AFR gauges

My 2 Loves
IMG_2662.jpg

Stock from the stealership
$(KGrHqR,!l4E3HBVS809BNywVTF6cQ~~_4.jpg

All Murdered out
murdered back.jpg

In my driveway
sti06 mine.jpg

Update: I have decided recently to say fuckit and go full potato with this car. I'm fed up with braking shit on it non stop. My solution is to over build it into full tank mode.

Update pt2: The car dropped a sleeve and chewed up the cams. I now deal with a different shop. Shift Fast Motorsports in Rock Hill, SC now handles all the work I can't do myself, and Junior JR of JRTUNED is the tuner. I can't say thanks enough to them. Shift Fast is definitely the shop to go to in the Carolinas. Their unbeatable customer service combined with JR tuning is awesome!

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Love it. Now the $1,000,000 question. What one do you love more?

That is a tough one. But, unless you're like Fuji, you can't have sex with a car.

Sounds like it would burn. I guess I look at it this way cars are blind, and after time will let anyone drive who pays for them. Girls are not, and if you find a good one that accepts your appearance then she is a keeper. Otherwise they both have breakdowns, throw fits, have periods, require regular maintainance, and are expensive. I wouldn't get rid of the girl for an upgrade, but if I had a chance for a new GTR the scooby would be traded in.

I have to post the best car experience I have ever had that recently happened. When I used to have my 350Z I got used to tons of haters coming out. Law enforcement seemed to be drawn to my Z. I got pulled over all the time for going <5mph over the speed limit. Needless to say I got to the point where I froze up every time I saw a LEO come up behind me. I tried everything Vet plates, dog tags on the rear view, FOP supporter sticker, and a small Army sticker in the rear window. Then I got my scooby and I am invisible to them. Until one day I got stopped walking into a grocery store hopping out of the sti. The LEO said " I love your car, I got some parts to give you" which confused the shit out of me. He proceeded to tell me he had a full clear bra for the front end of my car he wanted to just give me. I met him later and he gave me an awesome clear wrap for the entire front end. It had a recipt in the box for over $400, and he just gave it to me! I am still kinda shocked about it all, kinda like a reverse ticket. I had to share that scooby love story.

Casper86

sweet car man ! I have always been a fan of the black-ness. Black really brings out the aggressive lines of our cars. I still sometimes wish I would have gotten a OBP STi.
Did you DIY paint your own wheels? I have seen DIY writeups for Powder coating our stock BBS, but have heard painting the stock BBS wheels will eventually result in premature chipping/ flaking. Whats your experience with this? what route did you take?. I am planning on possibly painting my stock set of wheels so Im just trying to feel out for ideas/ advice.

again. murdered out STi's looks mean as F**K !

My rims were cleaned, dried, hit w/ steel wool, cleaned w/ alcohol, then powdercoated at a PC shop less than 5 minutes from my house. After I got them back I hit them with a rattle can so that when they chip (which they will) I can run to Advanced and get a can that will color match perfectly. I know they will chip since I have access to some private rally courses. Gravel destroys everything, but is so much fun.

If you want to try your luck go cruising around East side burbs of Cleveland, OH thats where the most awesome LEO ever patrols!

Undecisive

Anyone know how hard removing the wing on the roof would be? I want to get this thing wingless, and be more of a sleeper.

That would be to swap trunks. Otherise you remove the wing and have a bunch of holes in your trunk lid. that would have to be folled and the whole trunk to be repainted. save yourself the time and money and just swap to a wingless trunk with someone.

Sorry for the confusion there, I ment the wing on the roof. I hate the way it looks when that is there, and the trunk is wingless. Also a buddy of mine who I respect more than anyone I have ever met in the automotive industry told me removing the trunk's wing and leaving that piece on may create lift at speed and make the car unstable. I also dont want to do anything that may sacrifice structural rigidity.

That's what I kinda thought. I was worried that was a structural piece. I remember seeing a video of a sti that lost its wing @ 150+mph, and it wasn't pretty. I push my car quite often, so that is important to me. I frequent places where you have a clear view in all directions for 5+ miles and strait roads so 150 isn't that big of a deal.