Tim's Twin Scroll 06 STI: Parts review, parts ordered and more parts to come

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Just ordered a Killer B oil pick up tube from Jordan :) Also got a Bayson R "S204" urethane lip from ebay.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Thanks brothaman. I'll see if my mom can have Cobb install it since she has to take the car back anyways. She said there's a check engine light and the blinking cc. She doesn't know what to think of it or how to log so she called them and they want to check it out. There's only 500-1000 miles on it after the tune last year.

I'll see if she can install the lip since it just uses the underpanel clips. Should be easy enough for her lol I asked if she would attempt the mud flap install but she doesn't want to mess with it lol It's just jacking it up, taking off the wheels to install the spacers then the flaps :/ Either way, I need some updated pics of the engine bay and the exterior once the lip is on. :)

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Here's some updated pics of the engine bay, finally.
current.jpg

aos.jpg

turbo.jpg

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I can't tell if this is the fuel line. Anybody know?
intake.jpg

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
OoooOOOoooo!! I got a quote for $850 from port to port from Galveston, TX to Germany. That's a 5hr drive from Dallas. I'd still have to pay the German port fees of ~$300 but getting the car to Germany is back in the running. I'm still waiting for a lump sum of damaged goods claims money to come in. That should be enough to pay for my wife and son's plane tickets to get back stateside at the end of the year when I leave for a 60 day mission and my car to get here :D She already said as long as she gets her plane tickets, she's good with it :)

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Hell ya! I just checked the company out on the BBB and it got 1 review. 3/5 stars but the complaints were pertaining to hidden fee's for movers to get the household goods like + $400 to get the stuff on the 3rd floor instead of the 1st. Their port handling fees are what they told me sooooo :) I should be good. The other two companies that deal with the military don't have ANY reviews.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Fuel line?
coolant.jpg

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah that looks like a fuel line to me. It is routed as such. It looks like it goes right into the rails

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
That's what I was thinking. Nothing pretty though.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I did some photoshopping again. I took a donor pic and added my headlights, hood, fmic, subaru grill badge (donor didn't have one) and wheel center cap (donor had "STI" cap). I think it came out really good :) I have the mudflaps and lip waiting to be installed, that's why I wanted to see what my car should be looking like.
minestockwheels.jpg

With some Volk RE30's that I really like :)
minere30.jpg

Attachments

• mine stock wheels.jpg
    mine stock wheels.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I wish, 3k for a set?!? 18x9.5 +35 is what I'd get but man they are expeennnnnsive. Just bored on cq so I was messing around.

icudruln

I wish, 3k for a set?!? 18x9.5 +35 is what I'd get but man they are expeennnnnsive. Just bored on cq so I was messing around.

Get Rota's and they you won't be nearly as mad if you curb them, scratch them, dent them, break them... That's why I wouldn't ever want expensive wheels. If Rota is good enough for a good amount of dedicated track and time attack cars, they're good for me.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
True, it's not like my car is a dedicated track car anyways. People say "but they weigh so much" and? All together maybe 15lb's over the real ones total?

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
So my "sponsor" wants more out of the car. The car will be fitted with a set of TiC AST SST spec coilovers with Vorshlag camber plates. I'm thinking the 400/350 spring rates. Opinions? I can install the coilovers and want to so I told her not to pay Cobb to do it. The only thing I'll need is an alignment.

Also, the car will be getting an Exedy carbon twin disk clutch. The ACT in there now isn't toast so I'll hold onto the twin disk until the time comes for replacing.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
So it turns out that Cobb is an AST dealer so I ordered through them basically an SST package and they're including everything TiC does. Revalving the struts, 5k/4k springs, 4 helper springs, 4 dust boots, spring perches and rear extenders. Cobb said they should be in next week so we can go pick them up and get my car diagnosed being that my mom said it's idling/running funny. July can't come fast enough...I want the car shipped!! lol