TMIC fan mod Q&A

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I think the ducting on the turbo mates up with the hood scoop to blow fresh air down, over the turbo and out next to the downpipe.
Why get a new fender, just do it. Lololol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I guess that's how the V1 STi's must have been then.

Yeah rightttt...... So I can screw it up and just have a hole in my fender as opposed to a duct! :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well, if you get to it before I do, make sure you write a how to! :tup:

Well, if you get to it before I do, make sure you write a how to! :tup:

Will do but thats on the last thing of my list i need to pull my motor soon and get my sti back on the road since it's been down for the count for a couple of years blahaha.

I've pretty much pieced together all I need, now I need time and just pray the heads weren't the root cause of my slightly lower compression in two of my cylinders and oil consumption.

New MPS short block with forged internals, oil pump, oem gasket set, ks tech phenolic spacers, gates water pump timing belt and components, and a tigwerks oil pick up are calling my name telling me to get my sti back on the road.

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Start a journal!!!!! [MENTION=2822]Doppelganger[/MENTION]

Start a journal!!!!! [MENTION=2822]Doppelganger[/MENTION]

I might do that but it's still just an 05 sti with stock the turbo so nothing special.

Upgrades are Perrin FMIC (yes it stock turbo with a FMIC) mad dad v2 catted DP (to prevent boost creep) the discontinued perrin dual tube cat back,an ignition amp, and a injen CAI, the new additions will be the perrin pre intake turbo hose, and phenolic spacers.

Of course it was pro tuned on a cob ap but its a version1,

I will be doing an open source tune on my next protune when I eventually do the bigger turbo, injectors, composite tumbler housing since I will be switching from side fee to top feed injectors for tuning purpose but that of course when I get extra cash to burn thru which isn't likely due to me having a family.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Make a journal regardless!!!!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
More progress...

Just to reiterate It controls each fan individually as well as the intercooler water spray. The trigger are two TMP36 temp sensors and the arduino operates 3 relays which control the fans and the IC spray. This is a working prototype now with real time sensor input and relay outputs

Sensor 1 measures the engine room temperature. Sensor 2 measures heat soak temperature beneath the intercooler.

- When sensor 1 is between 100 and 120 degrees F, Fan 1 is activated.
- When sensor 1 is greater than 120 degrees F, Fan 1 and Fan 2 are activated.
- When sensor 2 is greater than 145 degrees, Fan 1, Fan 2 are on and IC spray is activated with delay regardless of engine room temps.
- When boost is greater than 9psi, Fan 1, Fan2 and IC spray is activated continuous while boosting regardless of any input.
- IC spray can be activated on demand and with delay by momentarily pressing switch 1 or continuously by pressing switch 2.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wicked [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]. ;)

Very nice work im interested in seeing what the results are going to be.

Instead of the water sprayer being actuated you could technically use it for a co2 spray system as well correct.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow, that is simply amazing! :bigtup: How much time do you have put into it so far? [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Very nice work im interested in seeing what the results are going to be.

Instead of the water sprayer being actuated you could technically use it for a co2 spray system as well correct.

Yes exactly! :tup: or anything else you can dream up.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Not to much. I tinker with it when I have free time or for when I just don't wish to interact with society :tup:
Then I will have to think of more things for you to create! :tard: