What did you do to your STi today?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sweet I want them now! Looks great Toomes. :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
It looks really good. That's gonna be the next step for me and sways. :)

Bluedemon_II

Changed headers from = to not =. Found the source of a Power Steering leak, bad rack and pinion. Power Washed the engine bay, and the hole car. Lost the speedo signal due to water getting into the sensor plug, 3 WOT pulls and it cleared out with the heat. Cleaned the interior a little bit. Filled the meth tank and added a bottle of redline fuel system cleaner to the tank, quite amazed to see a change in the A/f, the aem seams to keep it more consistent now during normal driving. Maybe I have a bad injector, ho knows.

jswansti

Gonna tighten up the front lip after an unfortunate encounter with an ice/snow chunk, and fiddle with the reverse lock-out to get rid of my rattle hopefully.

8thWonder

My 05 STi finally arrived today! Sold my 04 WRX almost 2 weeks ago and have been impatiently waiting for this beast to get here from San Diego ever since. One of the side splitters got damaged from the transport truck though :grumble:
First order of business: get it registered and inspected. Then tint the windows.
Pics and more info will be posted in the Introductions forum soon!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Oil, you don't need oil, lol. Just use some water Fuji. :)

Bluedemon_II

Changed my tune but I went a little lean at about 15 psi. Need to richen it up a little more due to knock. Was running 11.80-12.0:1. Found out that if I don't change my Map sensor, I will not be able to boost past 23 psi... Balls.

turboedracer

I got most of the ice off my car then put it in the garage to do some work but didn't want to lay in the puddle of water around my car because of the melted ice. So i cleaned the inside of my car instead.

Bluedemon_II

You using the map sensor and stock boost solenoid? A three port or a mbc would make it work...

Using a MBC. The problem with the aem is that it wont let you rise the Fuel cut psi above of what the sensor range is "unlike the factory ecu". And for all that I know I can't disable the FC.

jswansti

Picked up a gasket for the new exhaust, and got emissions tested. She passed! We'll have to see if I pass again in a year or two with the COBB tbe and tune...

Bluedemon_II

I had the Ingersol rand solenoid which is the same core as the perrin one and the aem one. I like how my hallman mbc works. Right now I need to buy an aem 3.5bar map sensor.

As for whats up with my sti today... A bird pooped on it... white diarrheal type of poop.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Fuji has it running? Any issues?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Good deal. Do you have a limp tune for it?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That sounds about right. Can't wait to see what power it will make.

jswansti

looks awesome man! Had the radiator hose clamp replaced, fluid drained and filled, and diagnosis for engine issues.