Wrap my DP or leave it as is???

i just ordered a new DP catted and was wondering if i should wrap it. i know not to wrap the cat. should i wrap from the bell house to the cat or from the bottom of the cat to the end of the DP???

Grinder34

Track Monkey
i wrapped both those sections.

DPs are great for wrapping. I have yet to wrap mine, but I see it in the near future.

ok. i have read the good and the bad all over the internet. grinder have you had any problems?? and how long have you had it wrapped??

I have my all my exhaust system, DP, Up pipe, GS crosspipe w/ exhaust manifolds all ceramic coated. I have my IM and TB ported and polished and heat coated as well :tup: I want to wrap the DP, and the cross pipe. I havent heard that much con's about it.

i have read that it can cause fatigue in the metal and in the welds. idk if this is true but thats what i read. figured i would ask you guys and go from there. i am going to wrap the dp. so we will see.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
This is true, but if you buy a quality part in the first place, it shouldn't be much of an issue. If however, you were to wrap any exhaust component, and have a weld fail, it almost always voids the warranty. As I said, shouldn't be an issue. My header has been wrapped for a few years now with no issues.
I suppose if you are really worried about it, don't end your wrapping near or on a weld. Either wrap past it for about 6" inches or stop 6" inches before a weld. This should minimize any crazy temperature swings over a weld area that could cause a crack.

You should be fine though.

Last edited:
I'd ceramic coat before any wrap

Alter3go

Ceramic coating is good but voids the warranty on most DPs some companies wraps don't. I'd say it's more a preference. I see a lot of people do the whole thing because one roll is usually sufficient and they try to retain as much heat as possible but some just wrap to about the cat since most of the air circulating under the car while driving will get the rest. IMO go big or go home bro!

I am more for the coat as well. that way you can coat the CAT as well. Even though it might void the warranty (double check before application if it concerns you) i dont know of much that can go wrong with it. Of course i would test fit it and run it as is for a bit and then go that route.

I have forged pistons, there is no warranty for that. why. because racecar. :lol:

i got the catted invidia DP with a high flow cat. i know they make a great product. so i shouldn't have a problem. i am going to wrap the whole thing other than the cat.

i got the catted invidia DP with a high flow cat. i know they make a great product. so i shouldn't have a problem. i am going to wrap the whole thing other than the cat.

very nice ;)

Alter3go

Those r good I just helped my buddy install a catless invidia DP On he blob eye he went from a full welded turbo back to a full invidia
za3egu9y.jpg
3a3uje2y.jpg

Not too applicable, but I wanted to show this horrible helix DP molded to a Borla

lol nice!!! ill take some pics of mine. i got the one with the two bugs so i can connect my wideband. i have it all wired just need the DP then i am ready to rock. stage 2 here i come. i also got a aos and a fuel pump coming thanks to stimula8
for letting me know it would be a good idea to just get one. not a bad idea to have it ready for further mods.