Wrap my DP or leave it as is???

i got the grimmspeed. i have heard good things. i was going to get cobb. i have the spy catback and it 3 inch so i wanted to keep some good flow. no reason to go 3 to 2.5 back to 3.

Alter3go

Yeah I got the black GRIMMSPEED AOS same one u r getting in sure it takes five minutes with simple tools make sure u have zip ties and if you're getting it from someone I'm sure everything is measured out already so should be plug n play. You also have to fill your oil now by removing the cap with a 12mm socket. Again It takes maybe five minutes if you take your time

Alter3go

i got the grimmspeed. i have heard good things. i was going to get cobb. i have the spy catback and it 3 inch so i wanted to keep some good flow. no reason to go 3 to 2.5 back to 3.

Yeah that's the only thing I dislike but it's not too bad I like the responsiveness n flow still sounds mean and great quality product though either way. It bolted up no problem to the SPT exhaust in the future I plan on doing TOMEI expreme headers n up pipe ( amazing product and on sale btw) along with single pipe invidia turbo back

i want a header also but gotta save a bit. going to get married and need to save for the wedding. i will wrap the header and up pipe. are you going to go with equal length or unequal???

Alter3go

That's cool dude congrats brotha!! 711 dollars though for uppipe headers n all gaskets included also a the wrap comes with it just sayin son just saying. I don't want to change the dynamic of the car that much so in staying as close as I can to stock And play it safe with aN UEL

I'd suggest you go with a Crawford V2 AOS, due to the fact it adjusts for climate, can handle almost any whp application for the street, and has a larger capacity than any other AOS on the market. Also the fact that after its installed, you never have to touch it again. No maintence! :tup:

Alter3go

Me personally for piece of mind make sure nothing is building up in the AOS yo. It's takes 9 mins for the whole process that's including making some ramen noodles n playing Some GTA 5

Me personally for piece of mind make sure nothing is building up in the AOS yo. It's takes 9 mins for the whole process that's including making some ramen noodles n playing Some GTA 5

A crawford v2 AOS will never do this, no gunk build up whatsoever :tup:

Alter3go

Yeah man just eat some PBJs and skip A trip to Applebee's and don't get snow caps when you go to the movies and bam $711 yo!!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Just playing devil's advocate here, and I know we've discussed this in another thread somewhere...

Why exactly do you want to wrap your DP? I know that it can help keep some heat out of the engine
bay, but personally if I were to wrap my DP, I'd wrap it from the turbo on down maybe 18" and leave the
rest bare. Theoretically, the best set up would be to wrap the header, up pipe and turbo and leave the
DP bare. Not only do you want to keep the heat inside the header and so forth, but you want the exhaust
to cool as fast as possible AFTER LEAVING the turbo. Whether there would be noticeable differences in
power or spool is hard to say, but based on thermo and fluid dynamics, this should perform the best.

Anyone else care to expand on that...?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
yeah, i mean theoretically cooler post-turbo means lower pressure back pressure. But without doing any of my own tests, i wonder if it shows and benefits, why wouldnt there be more 3.25" or 3.5" turbo-back exhausts? That would also lower the back pressure.

And the DP, at least the first half, is pretty much radiating right into the engine bay.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
And the DP, at least the first half, is pretty much radiating right into the engine bay.

That's why if I were to wrap my DP at all, I'd wrap at least the first 18" of pipe, starting at the turbo and wrapping downstream.

Ok so your saying to juat wrap it to the bend then call it good from there?? Mine is catted so ill skip wrapping that.