Zack's '12 OBP STi Hatch, Da Money Pit

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yes! Pictures are always appreciated! :lol: :bigtup:

ZackUSAF82

Got it done, just temporaried the wire into a fuse for now, might do something different later but it's good enough for me. Here's a couple pics:

IMAG0058_zps2bda0130.jpg

IMAG0059_zps21996a8e.jpg

Had a bit of a freak out moment as once we soldered everything in the gauge was displaying an error from the sensor but it turns out the piggy back plug wasn't on the sensor under the hood all the way so all appears well now. I'm hoping it doesn't vibrate loose all the time but I think I've got it on there good this time so we'll see. Just glad it's done, now I just have to wait to get tuned... :D

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Lemme know next time there's an install day! Im still bummed I missed the last one, especially with yummy bbq going on

ZackUSAF82

Probably going to be a while before I do anything else, I'm on thin ice with the spousal unit right now... :p But next up will likely be sway bars, endlinks and bushings, want to do motor and transmission mounts as well. Might do that in the fall...

ZackUSAF82

So the gauge got an error sensor problem again yesterday morning so I went out and bought some CRC quick drying electrical connector cleaner, sprayed the crap out of the piggyback plug and the connection on the sensor itself and it's been fine since. Here's to hoping that fixes the problem permanently...

ZackUSAF82

I haven't noticed anything to be honest, the fuel delivery seems the same as before we made the change and it seems to be running fine. I get tuned on the 11th of June so I'll be sure to ask and see if they notice anything but I'm pretty sure putting the sensor in there and moving the dampner back didn't hurt anything.

zax

I haven't noticed anything to be honest, the fuel delivery seems the same as before we made the change and it seems to be running fine. I get tuned on the 11th of June so I'll be sure to ask and see if they notice anything but I'm pretty sure putting the sensor in there and moving the dampner back didn't hurt anything.

I'm sure as well since we only lengthened the fuel line between the damper and the fuel tank, not between FPR and the damper.

I haven't noticed anything to be honest

Good this is exactly what we want.

ZackUSAF82

Just installed these:

91SF326x6QL._SL1500_.jpg

Didn't really need them but they were on sale big time so I figured I might as well get them...next up is to replace the fog lights.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Are those for the drl/brights?

ZackUSAF82

Yeah, I realized how crappy my highs were today when I almost hit a deer I should have seen...plus these should look better than the yellow stockers.

ZackUSAF82

Well, 5 days until my 93 touch up and E85 tune, getting pretty excited. I got to talk with my new tuner yesterday, he seems like a really good guy, is very knowledgeable and has been tuning for a long time. His name is Cleo (don't remember his last name, sorry), IAG hired him to be a full time tuner since Jorge was getting a little too busy to travel anymore. I'm hoping for good things from him on Wednesday, he did recommend I upgrade my MAP sensor so I'm going to pick up an Omni 4 bar unit and install it when I get to IAG. I could probably gotten away without it but I'd rather be safe than sorry and it was only 95 bucks so it's not like it was an expensive mod. At least now I know I can run more than 21 PSI without issue, not sure what we'll be targeting yet on E85 but I imagine 22-23 in 1st-3rd would be my guess. I'll post updates and my dyno sheet(s) when I get back on Wendesday! Wish me luck fellas.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Good luck! Excited to see results! Any idea what the estimate is going to be around?

ZackUSAF82

Usually you get 30-35 WHP with E85...so maybe 340 or so? It's going to be warmer this time though so I may lose a few ponies due to that. Not really looking for any number in particular, just figured I'd get tuned for E85 since it's semi-close to me.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Its always a plus! :lol:

ZackUSAF82

Just picked up 10 gallons of E-85 for the tune and drive home, tested it with the Quick Fuel tester I have and it's still dead on E-85! I wouldn't expect it to have changed since they always fill their tank in the summer and it lasts all year so I should never have to worry about any E-70 winter blend issues. I also won't run E-85 all the time since the station is 25-30 minutes out of the way but it'll be nice to have that option available, especially for emissions testing if they decided to do a sniff test (which they shouldn't but they made my buddy go on the rollers and with E-85 they told him he was cleaner than a Prius...lol). Now the only thing that's left is my Omni 4-bar Map sensor that should come today...I'll throw that on while they're strapping it down to the dyno and then I can push 22-23 PSI and really unleash the powah! :shock:

zax

Just picked up 10 gallons of E-85 for the tune and drive home, tested it with the Quick Fuel tester I have and it's still dead on E-85! I wouldn't expect it to have changed since they always fill their tank in the summer and it lasts all year so I should never have to worry about any E-70 winter blend issues. I also won't run E-85 all the time since the station is 25-30 minutes out of the way but it'll be nice to have that option available, especially for emissions testing if they decided to do a sniff test (which they shouldn't but they made my buddy go on the rollers and with E-85 they told him he was cleaner than a Prius...lol). Now the only thing that's left is my Omni 4-bar Map sensor that should come today...I'll throw that on while they're strapping it down to the dyno and then I can push 22-23 PSI and really unleash the powah! :shock:

With E85 and the V48, I would push you closer to 24psi. 26 PSI with the better TMIC in which you've invested.

ZackUSAF82

With E85 and the V48, I would push you closer to 24psi. 26 PSI with the better TMIC in which you've invested.

Noted, as long as it's safe I'm all for pushing the car as far as she'll go, especially in S#. I honestly don't drive in S# very often so it really should be tuned to the max, S should be dumbed down a little and safe for daily driving and I could care less about I mode...I can't tell you the last time I had the car in I mode.

I think I'll enjoy this tune much more than the last one, especially since you and I did the wrench work on these mods and the fact that I'm not looking for any particular number. It's supposed to be hot and humid on Wednesday so I know that's going to hurt some but it really doesn't matter to me. I'll be happy if I hit 340 but I'll also be just as happy with 330...or even 325. It really doesn't matter to me this time, I'm just going to head up there and have some fun...I'm smoking the guys at the shop a few racks of ribs and we're going to grub after the tune...should be a great day!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
In reality, can you even tell a difference between 320whp and 340whp?

ZackUSAF82

In reality, can you even tell a difference between 320whp and 340whp?

I doubt it...though I do have a highly sensitive butt dyno....... :lol: