Zack's '12 OBP STi Hatch, Da Money Pit

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

ZackUSAF82

Well the HP numbers weren't that great, it was 83 degrees and humid as hell...but man the torque went way up. Here's the numbers (I'll scan the dyno sheet later):

93: 289.76/347.10
E85: 315.45/393.12

These are uncorrected numbers, JJ said one of the pulls the torque was over 400. :shock:

Of course, what this really means is I'm going to be needing a new clutch soon...thus why I named my car Da Money Pit... :lol:

I'll post more thoughts later but right now I'm exhausted and have a splitting headache....was at the shop for 8 hours, got stuck in rush hour traffic and it just wasn't the best of days.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Awesome. Your numbers aren't too far from mine. Still on the stock clutch, too. Lol

:edit:

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow, that's really nice torque! Didn't know E-85 made such an insane difference!!!!! Let us know how she pulls on E-85!!!

ZackUSAF82

Awesome. Your numbers aren't too far from mine. Still on the stock clutch, too. Lol

:edit:

Yeah, different dynos, different conditions, that's why I didn't set a goal in my head but it still bugged me that it was so low. But my friend pointed out that I had +50 WHP gains in spots from 93 to E85 so it really was a huge difference. That's the bad thing about dynos, you can easily get caught up in the overall number and not look at the entire plot. I could go back in the winter and put down 330-340 on a perfect day... I just need to remember what the dyno really is, a tuning aid. That's all it is, all it should be and leave it at that. :tup:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I base mine more on the cheese factor. If your cheesin from ear to ear then it's all worth it.

ZackUSAF82

I base mine more on the cheese factor. If your cheesin from ear to ear then it's all worth it.

Lol, that's great. I honestly haven't tested it out yet. I was babying it home so I didn't run out of corn juice and traffic sucked after I filled her up...maybe tomorrow I'll open her up and let the EWG scream with 22 psi being pushed through. :tard:

ZackUSAF82

Good idea bandit, I have plenty of tunnels...now I just have to decide if the toll cost is worth it or not. Probably will be though... ;)

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I like the drivability or power under the curve the most. It was and is just a totally different animal than stock or OTS tuned. That's where most of the cheese for me is. So much more pleasurable to me even off boost.

ZackUSAF82

Totally agree with that too bud, Cleo did a great job of making some awesome power but also making the car more "relaxed". Jorge had the damn thing wound tighter than a banjo string and it made driving in traffic a pain in the ass. Boost is still there whenever you need it but the throttle isn't as touchy now, that's for sure. I'm sure some people really like the throttle to be super sensitive but I know my wife didn't...she hated riding in my car ever since it got tuned back in Feb. We'll see now, I think she'll like it much better with the smoother curve. The other thing is E85 smells soooo much better than gas, I still doubt I'll run it all the time since the station really is a pain in the ass to get to traffic wise for me but man it's nice to sit at a light with the windows down and not get the nauseating smell of burnt 93 octane filling the car.

All in all, after a good nights sleep I'm one happy camper and I can't wait to get back on the road to have some fun (light fun, can't afford a clutch right now... ;))

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Man. I love the catless 93 smell in the mornings! Thats the smell of raw power! :lol:

Have you done a test run yet?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Fuel fragrences... Are you kidding me?! Wow lol.... Please tell me if that actually works!

It does work, If you run cat-less. Catalytic converters will filter most of it out. I have used it on old hot-rods before that were cat-less. Well the grape version anyway. It doesn't harm the car what so ever and smells really good. I got mine from speedway motors for $9.99 each

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It does work, If you run cat-less. Catalytic converters will filter most of it out. I have used it on old hot-rods before that were cat-less. Well the grape version anyway. It doesn't harm the car what so ever and smells really good. I got mine from speedway motors for $9.99 each

Im quoting you on that smell statement!

zax

My bugeye only put down 280whp the first time I was dyno'd... It was 103 degrees :)

Baseline to baseline, I gained 25whp on the dyno just from a cooler day.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
My bugeye only put down 280whp the first time I was dyno'd... It was 103 degrees :)

Baseline to baseline, I gained 25whp on the dyno just from a cooler day.

What affects the dyno numbers more: elevation or temperature? (And anything else that has a great impact)