FFS 9 psi?

boostCreep

So just checked the heat shield, and all around the engine bay. Didn't find any thing loose or knocking. Pulled plugs they all look good. Did a compression test. 130-130-130-125. So those are good. Doing a boost leak test next.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I am running a cobb turbo heat shield. I do have a aem uego wideband as well. Readings are normal at idle but goes full rich (10.0) at wot.

So just checked the heat shield, and all around the engine bay. Didn't find any thing loose or knocking. Pulled plugs they all look good. Did a compression test. 130-130-130-125. So those are good. Doing a boost leak test next.

A boost leak test is a good idea. Also as suggested, a good SeaFoaming can only benefit you here. Running that rich, and depending how much you go WOT, it is possible you have carbon buildup in the lower intake and cylinders. :tup:

It is possible the full rich condition is being caused by a leak after the turbo and the boost leak test would confirm it. If this is not the case then I believe you simply need a tune. both the OTS and stock maps are very general and not specific to any particular region and are suited only to a stock setup. The SPT intake is slightly smaller than the stock intake and this will skew the MAF scale to be slightly rich. To add insult to injury, the stock MAF scaling is slightly rich to begin with and so is the AFR tables in the WOT region.

There are also so many other things that can effect the tune... temperature, elevation, gas quality, humidity. The stock calibration does a good job of compensating for these conditions but it is not perfect. As suggested, once you have ruled out any possible mechanical issue then go for a tune.

boostCreep

did the boost leak test. found a small hairline split in the throttle body coupler. replaced it. now im boosting back to normal. and even overboosting slightly here and there. I have ruled out a mechanical issue. ive got good compression. not burning any oil or loosing any coolant. Not throwing any CEL's. The car needs a specific tune.

Im going to be doing a seafoam treatment through the vacuum line off of the bpv, will it be getting to all 4 cylinders this way?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=2636]boostCreep[/MENTION] do you think you can make a how to on the seafoam treatment when you get to it? Pretty please?

boostCreep

[MENTION=2636]boostCreep[/MENTION] do you think you can make a how to on the seafoam treatment when you get to it? Pretty please?

Yea I could probably do that. Once I figure out the best vac hose to use. I want to be able to clean all 4 cylinders not just 2.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
did the boost leak test. found a small hairline split in the throttle body coupler. replaced it. now im boosting back to normal. and even overboosting slightly here and there. I have ruled out a mechanical issue. ive got good compression. not burning any oil or loosing any coolant. Not throwing any CEL's. The car needs a specific tune.

Im going to be doing a seafoam treatment through the vacuum line off of the bpv, will it be getting to all 4 cylinders this way?

Yes it will but it won't clean out the plenum after the MAF, the turbo and intercooler and the throttle body... Which is no big deal if you are certain that things are clean. I used the break booster line and it worked fine but the line to the BPV should do the same thing. :tup:

zax

Sorry for showing up late. Looks like [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] had it covered. Yeah I would also be suspicious of carbon buildup. The good news is that because you have a WBO2 sensor, we can take a look at your MAFv and IAT comps. The bad news is that you are running pig rich. Cobb loves to run high BSFCs, but <10.0:1 is unacceptable on pump. You will have real danger of fouling spark plugs and potentially cylinder wash if this is not corrected.

As far as seafoam is concerned, the best vac line to use would be right off the center of the intake manifold. Most commonly, the vac line used is the line that runs to your BPV. If you have a boost gauge, the line is usually tee-d off from there.