02 Frankensubie Monstrosity

Me too. It'll be nice in the interim though. I'll build a new engine on the side with a 3MI Racing +4mm long rod bored out to 4" so I can keep the 2.5, and JDM big port headers built by Headgames to add AVCS and I'll probably get a Full Race EFR 8374 twin scroll kit to match.

You're probably ok but at this point I'm not sure of anything coming out of that shop. Did the oil line have the little filter thing still or was it removed? If it was removed you're probably ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sounds like that will be a killer set up.

HeadGames makes headers?

Yes it was removed just like I said installed on wrong banjo fitting location.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Sorry, heads not headers. Which fitting was it installed on?

64aa9e116a28efd3020ad2c2fcd58891.jpg

They had the oil line installed on A not C which is why I was scratching my head and wondering why the oil line was looped around.

I actually thought it was the wrong oil line till doing research and seeing this pic.

You will love Dave's work from HeadGames I definitely recommend him after seeing what he did with my heads.

[MENTION=4986]SudoSTI[/MENTION] what portion of the tri cities roads have you found to do the data logs at?

Since [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] will also be tuning my car I might as data log the same spot your using LOL.

SudoSTI

[MENTION=2822]Doppelganger[/MENTION] I haven't done any WOT pulls yet so I mostly putt around Richland. I'll do some in town stuff, usually end up cruising down G. Way over to Battelle/WSU area, then cruise on the highway back over to my house.

Had a major E85 inconvenience yesterday. The only pump in town was down for the second time in only a couple months and I was very low on fuel. I ended up having to have someone bring me a couple gallons later in the day (it took >8 hours for them to get it back on line).

Well the overtime probably won't be going away any time soon so after I get back from family vacation next week I'll start working toward a Borg Warner S257 SX-E to replace my dying S256, get back to OG member status, and because of the E85 issue and [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] desire to tune FlexFuel on the Carberry rom I'll also be getting a flexconverter.com FlexFuel kit.

SudoSTI

Oh course!

Still have to figure out how to break it to my wife that my turbo is toast...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Oh course!

Might as well blame that on George as well! :tard:

Oh course!

And we need a thumbs down button for this post and all of those terrible posts of turning Subarus in to convertibles and so on.

SudoSTI

7 pages and over 10k views. Hot damn I feel so cool!

Got a 98.5% on my thermodynamics final last night, pretty sure I completed the course with a 99% overall. Now I get to look forward to advanced thermodynamics winter quarter where the instructor (who has a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering) is designing the course to keep me below a 90%. Which is a challenge I of course gladly accept.

Did some more reading between studying and checked out the S257 SXE. That sumbitch has a greater flow rate than an OG GT3582, and is actually really comparable to a GTX3576 which have been shown to work VERY well on Subarus. Although it is journal bearing vs the GTX ball bearing... but it's also 1/3 the price. ;)

GT3582 / S257 SXE / GTX3576:
Compressor Inducer(mm) - 61.40 / 57.15 / 58.00
Compressor Exducer(mm) - 82.00 / 76.20 / 76.60
Turbine Inducer(mm) - 68.00 / 70.00 / 68.00
Turbine Exducer(mm) - 62.20 / 61.00 / 62.20
Flow Rate(lbs/min) - 60.00 / 65.00 / 65.00

7 pages and over 10k views. Hot damn I feel so cool!

Got a 98.5% on my thermodynamics final last night, pretty sure I completed the course with a 99% overall. Now I get to look forward to advanced thermodynamics winter quarter where the instructor (who has a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering) is designing the course to keep me below a 90%. Which is a challenge I of course gladly accept.

Did some more reading between studying and checked out the S257 SXE. That sumbitch has a greater flow rate than an OG GT3582, and is actually really comparable to a GTX3576 which have been shown to work VERY well on Subarus. Although it is journal bearing vs the GTX ball bearing... but it's also 1/3 the price. ;)

GT3582 / S257 SXE / GTX3576:
Compressor Inducer(mm) - 61.40 / 57.15 / 58.00
Compressor Exducer(mm) - 82.00 / 76.20 / 76.60
Turbine Inducer(mm) - 68.00 / 70.00 / 68.00
Turbine Exducer(mm) - 62.20 / 61.00 / 62.20
Flow Rate(lbs/min) - 60.00 / 65.00 / 65.00
Congrats on the test bro.

SudoSTI

Just in case anyone is actually following, I've gotten wicked busy. I still need to figure out where my oil is going/verify it really is bad turbo seals, button up the wiring to get my speed sensor running, add some brackets to hold my exhaust in place properly, and flatten an exhaust flange to get rid of an exhaust leak. Getting pretty tired of the "subi bros" I keep seeing around town. I'm seriously contemplating getting a TDI daily driver, gutting my car, and dropping it all into a Factory Five 818C...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hey, I have a TDI! :lol: Amazing cars, man! :tup:

SudoSTI

Yeah I used to have a TDI Jetta that was AWESOME. Only reason we got rid of it was to get something bigger. :/

SudoSTI

So my torn axle boot. It's completely sliced, like in two pieces. I've been rolling it for at least a month (that's when I discovered it, not sure when it happened) and it doesn't make any noise or vibration. Would I be in the clear to just repack and replace the boot? Or should I replace the entire axle?

If I do replace the axle, does anyone have any experience with Insane Shafts? They have a great reputation in the Honda word and a few highly regarded drag racers on NASTICOC have said they're quality axles. I ask because a used OEM in ok condition is $150-200, or I can get a set of front Insane Shafts (500hp rated) for $400.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How many miles on the axle? My driver front boot tore last year and I only replaced the boot. It's held up just fine so far.

SudoSTI

Only about 30k IIRC. My only concern is that I don't know how long I've been driving with a torn boot. Max 3k miles. But by torn I mean completely ripped into two pieces in the crevice of the accordion looking part.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If nothing is clicking or grinding, then you are fine. Means there was enough grease in there. Just get a boot and patch it up.

SudoSTI

Sooooo it is making noise. I don't know if it was the cold, rain, or I was actually able to discern it from all the other "regular" noises my car makes, but good lord that thing is toast haha. Going to order those Insane Shafts and give them a shot.