05 STI BUILD

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] do you have any feedback on this gauge? I'm about ready to pull the trigger and purchase it then relist my AEM AFR I already own.

I'm trying to be a minimalist for gauges in my car so am thinking this one for the boost and afr then have some type of tablet running an obd2 gauge or a multi gauge where my stock radio would be.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

@HolyCrapItsFast do you have any feedback on this gauge? I'm about ready to pull the trigger and purchase it then relist my AEM AFR I already own.
I'm trying to be a minimalist for gauges in my car so am thinking this one for the boost and afr then have some type of tablet running an obd2 gauge or a multi gauge where my stock radio would be.

Pic from phone

39591944ac66666939d61909e9e8599a.jpg

Text from Laptop...lol

Ok so while looking at this diagram from he AEM Failsafe PN 30-4900 i see that it still retains the Analog output for logging to an external device, such as your COBB AP or Opensource via serial cable. Additionally, it also allows for logging of Boost/vacuum as well. These are nice features and if you wanted to only use the device as a dual gauge it would work and cut down on real-estate in your cabin.

Also i would not use it as a boost controller, as i am always for letting the ECU control the boost on our cars since it can monitor many different items and adjust boost and other settings as needed. If i was to get his gauge i would get a 3 port EBCS to help control boost. However, my knowledge is limited when it comes to tuning and the real expert for us is [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION].

Last edited:
Pic from phone

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170208/39591944ac66666939d61909e9e8599a.jpg

Text from Laptop...lol

Ok so while looking at this diagram from he AEM Failsafe PN 30-4900 i see that it still retains the Analog output for logging to an external device, such as your COBB AP or Opensource via serial cable. Additionally, it also allows for logging of Boost/vacuum as well. These are nice features and if you wanted to only use the device as a dual gauge it would work and cut down on real-estate in your cabin.

Also i would not use it as a boost controller, as i am always for letting the ECU control the boost on our cars since it can monitor many different items and adjust boost and other settings as needed. If i was to get his gauge i would get a 3 port EBCS to help control boost. However, my knowledge is limited when it comes to tuning and the real expert for us is [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION].

Yes I have a 3 port EBC already and would use that as the main boost controller. I still believe we can run the fail safe on the gauge which cuts the boost to waste gate if you run lean or over boost. I would say this is a great safety option especially when I will be doing an Etune.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm just not familiar with how to interface the failsafe function with the ECU or the EBCS so I really can't comment much on it. I do know that you are already covered in the event of an overboost condition because the ECU's boost strategy is quite comprehensive and compensates for these conditions. The part where the failsafe would hep is with over lean conditions.

I'm just not familiar with how to interface the failsafe function with the ECU or the EBCS so I really can't comment much on it. I do know that you are already covered in the event of an overboost condition because the ECU's boost strategy is quite comprehensive and compensates for these conditions. The part where the failsafe would hep is with over lean conditions.
Thanks for the feed back I'll probably order it and worst case scenario I don't use the failsafe and just have a boost gauge and AFR in one gauge. I still don't have a boost gauge hence why I'll probably go this route.

Thanks for the feed back I'll probably order it and worst case scenario I don't use the failsafe and just have a boost gauge and AFR in one gauge. I still don't have a boost gauge hence why I'll probably go this route.

Let me know how it turns out i am interested in this now...LOL

The weather has kind of gotten better so I spent a few more hours grinding away and think I'm almost done.

Time to weld the hole on the top runner shut and the. Weld a bung to the underside of the plenum for sensor or vazcuum Block. The final step will be cerakote coat it.
ffff14f81f3726c48dfb1a959d3bd043.jpg

4ce174eb22cbe35de1c07e4a5d82d09f.jpg

3673ab6ad37c86a5097dee55fb8a5f56.jpg

Before pics.
2a032bdf96abafda25b7348607fcc8f5.jpg

3c341ee65bfd73cb410e518e90dc06e7.jpg

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh man that is a work of art. You should make this a service. I have an amazing powder coater. Send it to me and I will have it done for next to nothing if not, free

Oh man that is a work of art. You should make this a service. I have an amazing powder coater. Send it to me and I will have it done for next to nothing if not, free
Thanks for the compliment I went pretty shave happy and still keep looking at the ribs I left under the runners but believe those are there for structural integrity. I might also take you up on the powder coating offer but I want to coat the water Manifold under the intake manifold, valve covers, intake, turbo housings, up pipe and header so it's all tied together with black cerakote ceramic coating.

If I decide to just do the powder coating on the manifold I'll hit you up and thanks again. PS I hope your excited about getting to tune this and hope it's not a headache for you since I'm sure fuelling will be quite a bit different compared to other manifolds.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Well I just completed that 500WHP e-tune using all of the custom Cobb features + Speed Density. Not much else scares me anymore.

Then today I started tuning the shops Supper 99 2000HP+ Alpha GTR on EcuTek. That is going better than expected.

Tell us more... lol

Well I just completed that 500WHP e-tune using all of the custom Cobb features + Speed Density. Not much else scares me anymore.

Then today I started tuning the shops Supper 99 2000HP+ Alpha GTR on EcuTek. That is going better than expected.

How do you even get 2000+ hp to hook? Lower at launch?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You would be surprised. The GTR's hook up more so than any other car I have been in. Even the 1300+ ones. :tup:

10e1daa11963677731d73f9dc4b6eed4.jpg

A deal that I couldn't pass up so it looks like I will be building a second long block after I get my motor in my car.