05 STI BUILD

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Now that classes have started again, I'm even more busy than usual. But I'm always lurking.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

So any feedback should I pick up the invidia open bell mouth catless DP for $125 that I will need to then drill and weld a secondary 02 sensor bung on to or just keep my catted mad dad dp that has the waste gate tube plumbed in after the cat.

Do you think FP green will spool that much quicker with a non catted dp or have any chances of getting boost creep?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

So any feedback should I pick up the invidia open bell mouth catless DP for $125 that I will need to then drill and weld a secondary 02 sensor bung on to or just keep my catted mad dad dp that has the waste gate tube plumbed in after the cat.

Do you think FP green will spool that much quicker with a non catted dp or have any chances of getting boost creep?

Can't comment on what you have, just on what I have. I have a nameless catless open bell mouth and only because it was free. When I was looking at getting a dp, I was looking for a divorced catless where the divorced was plumed back in down street to prevent turbulence at the exhaust from the waste gate. That being said I am running a deadbolt superzilla 20g with ported WG and 8cm turbine. Still felling it and will have to check some of my older logs to see what she was spooling to at what rpm. Long story short but I had boost controller hooked up wrong and it spoiled hella fast and hella hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'd stick with what you have. If you want catless, you can just bust out the cat honeycomb, and IIRC the platinum/palladium in there can be sold back to scrap yards for some nice money. You'll also pass a visual cat inspection if you're ever in a state that requires it. Plus the pluming on your current setup sounds nicer than the open bellmouth.

Of course, doing so would make your car technically only off-road legal, but no more so than buying a catless downpipe.

I'd stick with what you have. If you want catless, you can just bust out the cat honeycomb, and IIRC the platinum/palladium in there can be sold back to scrap yards for some nice money. You'll also pass a visual cat inspection if you're ever in a state that requires it. Plus the pluming on your current setup sounds nicer than the open bellmouth.

Of course, doing so would make your car technically only off-road legal, but no more so than buying a catless downpipe.
I've considered busting the cat out but also heared that the extra chamber might cause some turbulence. It's after the turbo so I really don't think the turbulence would matter what do you think?

SudoSTI

I wouldn't get too hot and bothered with it, man. You're trying to keep your car pretty conservative so I don't think you'll be anywhere close to the realm where a high quality, high flow cat will be detrimental to the overall performance of the car. I'm actually thinking about eventually having a high flow cat added and getting my EWG dump rerouted to the DP. Or put a Supertrapp muffler on it at least.

I wouldn't get too hot and bothered with it, man. You're trying to keep your car pretty conservative so I don't think you'll be anywhere close to the realm where a high quality, high flow cat will be detrimental to the overall performance of the car. I'm actually thinking about eventually having a high flow cat added and getting my EWG dump rerouted to the DP. Or put a Supertrapp muffler on it at least.

Yeah I'll just run what I have since mad dad does make a quality down pipe if anything I might loose a bit of rpm of spool and top end numbers but it should be more quiet and smell less like exhaust fumes.

SudoSTI

Could always run E85. Then it smells delicious. And like liquor when you fill up. :)

So I'm thinking about selling my AEM AFR gauge and our heading the AEM failsafe gauge in the vent so I only have one extra gauge in the car ATM.

The failsafe is a wideband AFR and a boost gauge that's all in one gauge. It also allows you to set parameters where if your AFR goes lean it will cut boost and run on waste gate boost to save your motor.

Do any of you guys have feedback on this gauge?

that looks awesome, i just finally got my kstech 83mm MAF housing last night took almost 3 weeks, a few emails and one call.

that looks awesome, i just finally got my kstech 83mm MAF housing last night took almost 3 weeks, a few emails and one call.
Congrats on that and I will say I'm definitely happy with how they match up nicely to the ports.