Check engine and flashing cruise

UndrWrldAssasin

Check engine light is on and I tried to pull the code. The code scanner I used pulled the. Ode once. And stupid me didn't write it down. But I do remember that it is an evap code the tripped. Will a diagnostics check tell me where exactly the leak is coming from?

UndrWrldAssasin

So I replaced my gas cap two days ago and so far so good. Hopefully I was that simple and I don't have to push smoke through the system to find a very small leak.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
So I replaced my gas cap two days ago and so far so good. Hopefully I was that simple and I don't have to push smoke through the system to find a very small leak.

Good to hear... Keeping my fingers crossed

SirMyztiq

This guy had an evap code being thrown also. Its a bit lengthy and I think he took it to a tuner shop and they fixed it, but there might be some info in the thread that could help. Sorry I don't have any really helpful info off the top of my head, good luck and hopefully you get it sorted out!

http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?p=40831

Yup, I had leaks everywhere.

Although, I don't know if that is the same code he is talking about. It sounds like it was the "gas cap loose/off" code if the new gas cap fixed it.

Damn, I thought I had found the solution to my gas cap CEL problems :(

UndrWrldAssasin

Unfortunately it wasn't the gas cap. My check engine tripped last night. So I guess it's off to the dealership and have the push smoke through my evap system and see if they can find the cause of the leak or if it's just a faulty sensor. *sigh*

UndrWrldAssasin

I'll see if I can pull the code again today and I'll post it on here and see if you guys can help me find out what plan of attack to do.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
There is a leak some where in the evap system. Check all your hoses leading to the canister. Check all your hoses at the canister. Check the gasket at the access for the fuel pump. Could also be a bad evap control valve or a vent control valve. If you don't see anything obvious you may need to take it to the dealer.

The other option is, (not legal) if you are open source or have an AP and do your own tunes, then you can simply disable the code. Anything related to the Evap system has no impact on how the car runs or performs so there should be no issues if you disable the code. Do this as a last resort though. It is better to have everything running properly IMO.

UndrWrldAssasin

Ok will do. It might be a bit but I'll stop by the shop and link up with you. I posted the code just before I went over to the shop to talk to you and Shane.