Finally.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Just to give some history here...

The work was done at the dealer and the ECU and wire harness was replaced. At that point the car was not working so I stepped in... I looked at the paperwork that the dealer provided and listed on the invoice was a code for "throttle body circuit malfunction" I was able to confirm this by checking the codes. Myself and Bobby's dad began to troubleshoot the issue by physically tracing all wires to the throttle body and ohming them out. We also confirmed the pin out both on the throttle body and the ECU so there was not a harness mismatch. Everything in between was good.

This lead us to believe either the throttle body was defective or the ECU is bad... I instructed him to try the least expensive thing first and purchase a throttle body. After that failed I then instructed him to dialog with the dealer for a new ECU. I also had some lengthy conversations directly with the dealer on the issues this car was having...

We did everything IAW the service manual and then some and now we are at a loss.

I'm not giving up on this by any means. I have only ever been defeated by a car once and it is not going to happen again.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
If you need anything let me know. I will help you anyway I can.

SleepyBear

George I appreciate you have done thus far. I really got you involved in a huge mess. Haha I believe its a wire issue that the dealership was messing with when putting the new ignition harnesses in.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Did they replace the ignition switch?

SleepyBear

Been a loooooong time since i have been on here. i just got back from Deployment today on board the Eisenhower. While on deployment George came up to my parent's house and fixed my STI!!!! Now i'm just waiting to get tuned by him and i'll be golden. I put on a full new turbo back exhaust. Invidia n1 with a catted invidia divorced down pipe.:D

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What did he do for you?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Been a loooooong time since i have been on here. i just got back from Deployment today on board the Eisenhower. While on deployment George came up to my parent's house and fixed my STI!!!! Now i'm just waiting to get tuned by him and i'll be golden. I put on a full new turbo back exhaust. Invidia n1 with a catted invidia divorced down pipe.:D

Very nice, welcome home shipmate!

SleepyBear

^Yes George will deff be tuning my car. I can't wait!! I'm doing that happyyyyy dance! lol It's been exactly a year since i have last drove the STI!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That's way to long... If I didn't have the kouki I would be going through withdrawals by now.

SleepyBear

You have no idea how bad I want to drive my car! I'm very excited. Couple more hours and ill finally be home on leave for 16 days!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I'm sure you had to sit through the safety stand downs and all that, but please be careful.
I know when I got back from deployments in the past, and drove for the first time in 7-8-9 months,
I wasn't exactly being safe behind the wheel. Unfortunately, as you know, too many servicemembers
get themselves killed in accidents while on leave. :(

Trust me, your Subie is faster than what you remember. :D

On a lighter note, I am actually really excited for you to get to drive again. I know just how much
I missed it... Enjoy buddy!

SleepyBear

the joys of safety stand downs!lol thanks man!

I'm sure you had to sit through the safety stand downs and all that, but please be careful.
I know when I got back from deployments in the past, and drove for the first time in 7-8-9 months,
I wasn't exactly being safe behind the wheel. Unfortunately, as you know, too many servicemembers
get themselves killed in accidents while on leave. :(

Trust me, your Subie is faster than what you remember. :D

On a lighter note, I am actually really excited for you to get to drive again. I know just how much
I missed it... Enjoy buddy!

SleepyBear

George, "holycrapitsfast" came up to "tune" my car and ended up just tweeking and calibrating my sti. All i can say is that he is a Subaru god. I'm making more power now then what i was with my final "tune" with All Aspects Motorsports. Also the car holds the boost and power all the way to redline. Target boost is only 18psi. Reason we didnt tune the car is because my wideband was installed after my cat and not before, so once i get that fixed it will be time to crank up the boost and let her eat. I highly highly recommend George for anything todo with tuning, he has helped me out tremendously! The car s like night and day now and put puts a smile on my face ear to ear. Thanks again, George!