INTERISTA- 06 WRB 428whp/405wtq

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
just need to get off my crutches haha, im debating whether going to topspeed for dynojet, or forged performance for dyno dynamics first...what do you think?

DynoDynamics is a real heart breaker! :tup: If your looking for numbers that's the one to stay away from :lol:

It's really more about the tuner you choose. Go with the one you feel comfortable with. The numbers don't really mean very much but it is more the repeatability. The dyno is really only a tuning tool and what ever dyno you choose you should stick with that dyno for all future tunes to help you gauge your gains. So go by tuner capabilities... not the dyno they use. :tup:

Last edited:

SSJBaku

yeah but if i make decent #s there i know ill be gravy on a dynojet, few of my friends were high 290s low 300s on "stg 2 ewg" cars, im hoping with the addition of porting i have i might be able to hit 310-320 on my higher 21psi (them 19.5)

SSJBaku

yeah haha talked to doug this morning he told me 60$ for 3 pulls for me, and he'll let me cruise the new 11 STI with the DOM 1.5XTR

INTERISTA

Interista 06 WRB STI- Broke down off the hwy in Miami

My car broke down on me 2 nights ago in downtown Miami when I was getting off the hwy I only had time to pull up on the side right in the ghetto. I was able to tow it by my sister's building i gotta go back tonight with some tools and see what's up I hope it is the alternator and nothing catastrophic to the engine wish me good luck!

Last night I put another battery in and it started but sounded like sh!7 and died 2 seconds later. A lot of smoke came out of the exhaust. Even if the alternator was bad it should have ran off the battery for a little bit
censored.gif

This morning I sent the car to a mechanic I was referred to let's see what the diagnose is. Honestly I'm expecting the worse. Any ideas anyone?

INTERISTA

Interista 06 WRB STI- Engine blew up :( Dear Santa SS1 from TopSpeed on its way

Bad news the engine blew up.. Compression test cameback about 35lbs on 3 cylinders and 0 on the last one
frown.gif
we still don't know what the cause was. I wasn't even flooring it at all just cruising on the highway on the HOV lane doing 75-80mph the whole time wtf anyways.....

I'm shipping my car to TopSpeed in GA .... Dear Santa: SS1 Forged Block
smile.gif
I feel sad and happy at the same time. I'll keep you guys posted.

Teddy

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wow that sucks. :(

INTERISTA

I'm shipping my car to TopSpeed in GA after the holidays it's been already arranged I'm getting the SS1 shortblock. Jared meth has been always in the back of my mind now maybe it's the time :D

I'll keep you guys posted.
Thanks
Teddy

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm shipping my car to TopSpeed in GA after the holidays it's been already arranged I'm getting the SS1 shortblock. Jared meth has been always in the back of my mind now maybe it's the time :D

I'll keep you guys posted.
Thanks
Teddy

Can't wait to see it.

DierwulfBL

Bad news the engine blew up.. Compression test cameback about 35lbs on 3 cylinders and 0 on the last one
frown.gif
we still don't know what the cause was. I wasn't even flooring it at all just cruising on the highway on the HOV lane doing 75-80mph the whole time wtf anyways.....

I'm shipping my car to TopSpeed in GA .... Dear Santa: SS1 Forged Block
smile.gif
I feel sad and happy at the same time. I'll keep you guys posted.

Teddy

I would request to see the block that comes out, as 35psi on 3 other cylinders is very low as well, and its very uncommon to blow both headgaskets. Also the shortblock coming out could be salvageable unless TopSpeed requires a core. Good luck with the new build!