OT: Count To A Million Game!

7000 Since I have to relocate my coolant expansion tank (header tank) I've been researching the subject quite a bit and wonder what you guys are using if you have relocated it.

At the moment I'm either going with a moroso can mounted on the strut tower or just am going to relocate the stock canister to the strut tower and calling it a day so I don't have to spend a 100 dollars on a tank.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

70001 I guess it would depend on what the new tank looks like and how well t fit in the new location. Additionally, isn't the stock one a little bit to tall to fit on the strut tower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7002 this isn't my pic but is what I'm considering.

62fdd0b49ce80649cf66753ee63a9c4d.jpg

7003 pretty much you can purchase allot if different coolant expansion tanks for around the $100 price point and install on the shock tower.

b1d390fd0f64a8828617d97d43f41e3f.jpg

7003 pretty much you can purchase allot if different coolant expansion tanks for around the $100 price point and install on the shock tower.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161116/b1d390fd0f64a8828617d97d43f41e3f.jpg

7004... for some reason I was thinking the other expansion tank on the radiator. This make much more sense but why move this tank from stock location? I think I missed reading that portion of the thread.

7004... for some reason I was thinking the other expansion tank on the radiator. This make much more sense but why move this tank from stock location? I think I missed reading that portion of the thread.

NA manifold requires it to be relocated due to mounting points not being there and it probably wouldn't clear the hood anyways if it was there due to the na manifold beibg pretty tall.

The other benefit would be your moving hot coolant tank off of the manifold combined with my phenolic spacers and bypassing the throttle body coolant lines my intake manifold will only have heat soak due to engine bay temps.

7006 interesting. Once I get mine down a little better I have been playing with the idea IV moving some stuff around to clean up engine bay as well. Guess we will see how far that gets. Right now I am just enjoying driving her again after her being down for over a year.

7006 interesting. Once I get mine down a little better I have been playing with the idea IV moving some stuff around to clean up engine bay as well. Guess we will see how far that gets. Right now I am just enjoying driving her again after her being down for over a year.

7007 yes there's lots of little things that can be upgraded to clean up the engine bay or make it slightly different then others.

Im really contemplating on ceramic coating my intake manifold to see if it would help reduce heat soak as well since I have to powder coat or paint it.

I'm figuring phenolic spacers, relocation of the coolant header tank (upper expansion tank) and ceramic coated might all add up to a noticeable intake temp drop.

7009 happy thanksgiving everyone!! so glad to be a part of this awesome community with you all :cheers:

Aye happy thanks giving everyone. Hope everyone is having a good holiday and got there share of food.

Finally, this year I am thankful that my STI is running again, and that I am a member of this awesome community.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

fxzc5cji45jw7xnmmlyu.jpg

We?re thankful for direct-port nitrous injection, four-core intercoolers, ball-bearing turbos and titanium valve springs. And of course, family. Here?s hoping you can enjoy yours this week.

7013 la familia
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] you got PM :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

7014 got my tree for xmas

38ce5309c64f5775a4d27ad69631c157.jpg

7476fe73e6d7f0cd433307f22934df58.jpg

5c62d8ffae165ab78d4b7fc227ccd024.jpg

Still have to level it and decorate it but it's up.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

Damn that thing is huge! :eek:

7016 that's a 10' ladder behind the tree lol

Put some safety wire on it to be safe

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

:rofl: