Paint Bay -- need ideas/thoughts/info/etc..........

Its Twicky

All engine dress up pic, ideas. now -- need ideas/thoughts/info/etc..........

Hey guys and some awesome ladies.

I am looking for some good ideas for under the hood. I am looking for color schemes, Carbon fiber. Heck flush bolts, wrappings, ducktape, paint, FMIC/TMIC, Stickers, OEM, ETC... Basically anything anyone has done under the hood as more of your own touch on your sti. I want to see pictures, lots of pictures. For example look at the nice Blue motor below... Even if you changed your TMIC and now have something other then STI on the intercoolor, Idc any change I would like to see. No judging here..

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
We don't judge here :D

pretty much any paint will hold up to the heat that it will be exposed to. Most paints are good to 400*F.

If you want a crazy color you can try one of the Duplicolor MetalCast paints. These paints simulate an anodized finish and they hold up incredibly well to chemicals and heat. I would refer you to my journal for an example.

There are a few catches with this paint though. It must be applied to a spotlessly clean surface and MUST be free of any and all oil. It is a two part paint and it can get quite expensive. You can get the base coat and tinted clear for about $4.00 each if you look hard on the web but the end result is well worth the time and money in my opinion.

When applying this paint it should be done on a cool dry day and in very even strokes. to heavy all at once and it will drip and the color will be blotchy. Duplicolor has some good videos on youtube about application.

It come in a variety of colors. Here are some examples...

Engine6.JPG

CIMG0625.JPG

attachment.php

Its Twicky

Ok and that would just be for parts and not the bay?? Yeah for the block and maybe some other parts i was looking for a green, yeah and a anodized look would be the cherry topping.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I wish my mods didn't judge me :( LOL.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Ok and that would just be for parts and not the bay?? Yeah for the block and maybe some other parts i was looking for a green, yeah and a anodized look would be the cherry topping.

You can definitely use it for the bay! I think they have green. I'll have to check.

I wish my mods didn't judge me :( LOL.

Who's judging you? I'll go over and sit on their face and fart!

Its Twicky

Welli dont want the bay green that may get a bit tacky. I was thinking more of a simply black or white. or just leave silver IDK. But the Block and other parts i want black and green. But anyother advice on what parts to paint, not paint.

I judge you crztrbo

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I don't know. When I get a can of paint in my hands I just go nutzzzz. My engine bay is evidence of that!

Its Twicky

Silver... Its going to get black rims with green brembos. But yeah silver. So i am debating on even painting the bay, but if i do, then howwww?

Its Twicky

No not really, Ill really get a better chance when i have everything out to clean it then get a better idea. But yeah just trying to think of ideas of peoples bays, heck i could prob just check out everyones bays on there stock paint.

Its Twicky

I think i am going to hold off on the pay, but i do want to paint the block, and other parts. If anyone has ideas, steps. and toss in here. i will re do the first post and do it as of what step i am on etc...

Its Twicky

I may change this thread around but, my new thought is i might just leave the bay, paint the block black, so then i can do my intake cover green. sound good