GD Rehabilitating an abused bugeye

Z1107

defined, wrxspeedshop, and ebay. i went to defined but he didnt have the turboxs hybrid bov, and the turbo is gonna be a cheap godspeed 16g until i have the money for a good one. but i am going to order the accessport from him. i know he carries turboxs products but no bovs from them. if i saw it i would order it.

Last edited:

Z1107

so pulled the bypass valve off and found that the gasket was all used up, could this have caused my turbo to fail.

Z1107

still waiting for some funds to be freed up to order the new parts. my grandfather offers me a loan to speed up the process but wants his mechanic to look at it first. brings the guy over to my house. the guy sees my car and starts saying how it looks like a fun car and when hes done with it, it will be sending serious power to the front wheels (at this point ive already decided hes not touching my car but ill humor him, strike 1), after informing him that its awd he tells me that he can "build my car" for me because there are very few bolt on parts for imports(strike 2), then i turn on the car so that he can verify that its my turbo, I tell him the slight scraping sound is my turbo, he replies that its not that its my crankshaft and its loose and needs to be tightened(strike 3, please leave my house right now). that was my day.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What a freaking moron! I wanna punch him now. Can you say tard!

Z1107

I spoke to my Grandfather a few hours later and calmly told him that Ill get the money myself because his mechanic is not qualified to touch my car (Im doing it all myself anyways).
Grandad: Sure he is. Hes got a Mustang he built himself that has 850 hp.
Me: Grandpa a trained monkey can get 850 hp out of a mustang, its called displacement. A Subaru is a different ballgame.
Grandad: I dont see what the difference is.
Me: Naturally aspirated V8 vs. Forced induction boxer 4
Grandad: forced what, its not a goddamned piston aircraft
Me: actually the motor is.
Phone hangs up. lol

Z1107

So I get the money put together to fix my car, and north georgia recieves 4 days of severe thunderstorms with 45-70 mph winds, day one lightning hits a tree next to my house spraying shrapnel all over my rex, garage, and the side of the house, 3 holes in the vinyl siding, garage bent inwards, rex undamaged (thank god). Day 3 golf ball size hail/70 mph winds rip shingles off my roof. So now im giving my money to my insurance company to fix the damage. FML.

Z1107

Just got off the phone with Jordan at Defined, all I have to say is that Ive never experienced better customer service at any retailer of anykind. Awesome guy. Cant wait to order more parts.

Z1107

Was on Nasioc trying to get my hands on a VF39, guy wouldnt respond, so i got a hold-me-over TD-05h 16g turbo new with a warranty for cheap.

Z1107

Hats off to Jordan at defined for the awesome customer service. Ordered my Cobb tuner, turboxs hybrid bov, grimmspeed gaskets for up-pipe and turbo, and saved well over 100 bucks compared to the competetition. I'm like a kid waiting for Xmas morning to open some new toys. :)

Bluedemon_II

Gl man, I'm fixing a friends bugeye. He got it for 5500. Its an RS made into a wrx. Lots of funky stuff in that engine bay. Fun times ahead.

Side note: my next project will be a 2000 2.5rs with a Full Jdm swap. Motor, trans, ecu and turbo. If you need any help or info I'm here. I can tune the jdm ecu :D

Z1107

Probably gonna get alot of why's from people but when I do my engine swap, I wanna switch from the ej205 to the ej207 v5 motor. I just really love the 2.0. My dream is to have this car set up with jdm ej207 sti motor modded to produce 370whp. I plan on keeping the rex for good, when i get my next subie the rex will become a project car.

Z1107

now I feel like an idiot. Just went over all the stuff I ordered and got one thing wrong. when I ordered my boost gauge I accidently ordered it bar not psi. fml

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
now I feel like an idiot. Just went over all the stuff I ordered and got one thing wrong. when I ordered my boost gauge I accidently ordered it bar not psi. fml

That sucks.

Z1107

So the accessport and grimspeed gaskets came in today. That was fast. Can't wait to hook it up after the new turbo is installed. Again thanks to Jordan at defined awesome service.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Fun times ahead.