Spamby's '08 STi

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Would it be possible to wrap or emboss your creation with dei heat wrap?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Would it be possible to wrap or emboss your creation with dei heat wrap?

That would be like wearing socks over socks. Plus the strips of header wrap would have to be sewn together adding work and failure points.
The goal is to get hands on material that you can use in a high heat environment and material large enough to fabricated pads in one single piece.
Unfortunately the roll of cloth is around 600-700 per roll @ 36"x150' and is very difficult to find sold by the yard or foot.
The application calls for extreme heat capabilities and that type of material is needed. Ill chance it on my ride but others I can't run the risk of failure.... or fire, for that matter.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Wheels are shipping to me by the end of the week. Tire time. Better get off my arse and find a set I can live with.

I'll leave this here.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409096615.830113.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What width?!?!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wait a minute [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION]!

We need full color pics!!!!!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
1800* has to be sufficient, right? My EGT sensor, located 2" from cylinder 4, only sees 1800* once in a while and for short periods of time. I can't imagine the hot side of the turbo would see temps anywhere near that level unless you are flogging it at the track. Am I right?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Most definitely will be.
1800 is it's max sustainable temp rating but can see excursions north of that for certain periods of short time. Instant failure is probably around 2400.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I'm sure it's not good for it! Don't really know what the failure point of the turbo is but I do know it can glow cherry red when pushed. I assume the turbo temp would be that of the EGT. I honestly could use the 1000* cloth in most cases because it also can see short excursions north of that but I just can't risk failure knowing EGTs can and will rise beyond that point.
I back this up with that our 3600 engines at work have an EGT of 1200 at the turbo outlet(s) and after 20 feet of exhaust pipe, the temp is still about 1200.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy cow motors get that hot?!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yeah absolutely. Didnt know it was that stupidly hot... How much is this 1800* wrap gonna run?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
36" x 150'.....

Bastards!!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
$14 per yard?! What? Thats cheap?!