GD The BAD STI.... It has been a good run.

So you so you actually thought all that shit while death was waving you in for a landing :lol: I'm confused... do you still have the STi?

Dude no bullshit I did... It's nuts how fast the mind works in seconds. I've always been fortunate to go into a clear state where its just me and my thoughts and what seems like slow motion when shit hits the fan. I'm assuming because its hard to comprehend wordless thoughts under adrenalin. Reliving it and rethinking the thoughts in a "talking to myself with words" way takes exponentially more time making the event have felt like slow motion in retrospect.... Just my theory. I'm sure men more noble than I and in combat have experienced it multiple times.

The STI is at COBB getting a new fuel pump and tune when Calvin comes back from time off. I'm keeping it and driving the hell out of it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy fuck. Those pictures. Glad youre ok! Would you do it again?! (Lol jk)

So all in all youre keeping the sti?!?!?!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Dude no bullshit I did... It's nuts how fast the mind works in seconds. I've always been fortunate to go into a clear state where its just me and my thoughts and what seems like slow motion when shit hits the fan. I'm assuming because its hard to comprehend wordless thoughts under adrenalin. Reliving it and rethinking the thoughts in a "talking to myself with words" way takes exponentially more time making the event have felt like slow motion in retrospect.... Just my theory. I'm sure men more noble than I and in combat have experienced it multiple times.

The STI is at COBB getting a new fuel pump and tune when Calvin comes back from time off. I'm keeping it and driving the hell out of it.

It is a heightened state of awareness for sure. Kinda makes you think you can do so much more on a normal basis if our minds are really capable of such feats of thought.

I'm glad you are keeping the STi. I often regret getting rid of mine but then I look out at the driveway and think i did the right thing. My friend now wants to combine his favorite car body with his favorite engine and drivetrain... A 240 with an STi engine and drivetrain... how sick would that be. If anyone will do it it will be him. He wants to get a front subframe from an R33 GTR to allow us to utilize the drivetrain from an STi. We spent quite a bit of time researching to see if it could be done and our consensus is hell yes. So that will be the shop project for the next few years.

Holy fuck. Those pictures. Glad youre ok! Would you do it again?! (Lol jk)

So all in all youre keeping the sti?!?!?!

Yup!

It is a heightened state of awareness for sure. Kinda makes you think you can do so much more on a normal basis if our minds are really capable of such feats of thought.

I'm glad you are keeping the STi. I often regret getting rid of mine but then I look out at the driveway and think i did the right thing. My friend now wants to combine his favorite car body with his favorite engine and drivetrain... A 240 with an STi engine and drivetrain... how sick would that be. If anyone will do it it will be him. He wants to get a front subframe from an R33 GTR to allow us to utilize the drivetrain from an STi. We spent quite a bit of time researching to see if it could be done and our consensus is hell yes. So that will be the shop project for the next few years.

George are a few cars that will always be equally special when done right... But they do exist.

They are:
-Supra's
-RX7's
-WRX's
-and most importantly Nissan 240sx's....

They are the no shit best car for someone like us. We all spend way to much on our cars... Why not do it starting with a perfect lightweight chassis where the limit is more your abilities and creativity than your pocket book? I had the fastest car in high school and paid for and built it myself. Considering that while I was lower middle class growing up my hometown is consistently the most affluent per capita this was quite a feet. My gutted (and I mean no dash, nothing) SR20DET powered 89 240sx only had ~230whp... But it only weighed 2300 or so lbs. I loved destroying the spoiled kids who thought they were car guys in their new automatic 350z's and Mustang GT's that daddy paid for.... In my car that had several spots of bare primer with the rest being factory sea-foam green (I was in auto body and took my time to paint it because it was hilarious).

Then I got arrested... And in a state where its cool to punish juveniles as an adult I haven't "raced" sense due to it being a felony for a second offence.... This just means if I'm ever in a situation that can be construed as such I might as well run because evading would equally fuck me. LOL

And that is pretty bad ass... but we all know our engines are not the strong suit. A full GTR conversion out of the question? Its not like a full GTR AWD drivetrain is hard to find or expensive.... LOL JK now that I think about it go for it.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yup!

George are a few cars that will always be equally special when done right... But they do exist.

They are:
-Supra's
-RX7's
-WRX's
-and most importantly Nissan 240sx's....

They are the no shit best car for someone like us. We all spend way to much on our cars... Why not do it starting with a perfect lightweight chassis where the limit is more your abilities and creativity than your pocket book? I had the fastest car in high school and paid for and built it myself. Considering that while I was lower middle class growing up my hometown is consistently the most affluent per capita this was quite a feet. My gutted (and I mean no dash, nothing) SR20DET powered 89 240sx only had ~230whp... But it only weighed 2300 or so lbs. I loved destroying the spoiled kids who thought they were car guys in their new automatic 350z's and Mustang GT's that daddy paid for.... In my car that had several spots of bare primer with the rest being factory sea-foam green (I was in auto body and took my time to paint it because it was hilarious).

Then I got arrested... And in a state where its cool to punish juveniles as an adult I haven't "raced" sense due to it being a felony for a second offence.... This just means if I'm ever in a situation that can be construed as such I might as well run because evading would equally fuck me. LOL

And that is pretty bad ass... but we all know our engines are not the strong suit. A full GTR conversion out of the question? Its not like a full GTR AWD drivetrain is hard to find or expensive.... LOL JK now that I think about it go for it.

I would love me a nice Supra. There are quite a few 240's and quite a few STi around here. We just thought it would be cool to combine them both. The problem with doing the GTR engine and drivetrain is OBDII. No matter what we do, we still have to pass inspection if we are to drive it on the street. So we are left with few options

The STI is at COBB getting a new fuel pump and tune when Calvin comes back from time off. I'm keeping it and driving the hell out of it.[/
QUOTE]

Those pictures look scary! So glad your okay man. I can totally see where your coming from! Time slows down, and you make that last move before impact. I had a situation like that on the highway, my 92 prelude did not have any airbags. It was on channel 4 news for like 5 seconds. LOL Im so glad that your keeping your :sti:!!!?! Good for you man, most of us don't have it in us.
accident10.jpgaccident7.jpg
accident9.jpgaccident4.jpg
Glad you and your STi can be together forever :D

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

The STI is at COBB getting a new fuel pump and tune when Calvin comes back from time off. I'm keeping it and driving the hell out of it.[/
QUOTE]

Those pictures look scary! So glad your okay man. I can totally see where your coming from! Time slows down, and you make that last move before impact. I had a situation like that on the highway, my 92 prelude did not have any airbags. It was on channel 4 news for like 5 seconds. LOL Im so glad that your keeping your :sti:!!!?! Good for you man, most of us don't have it in us.
View attachment 5075View attachment 5077
View attachment 5076View attachment 5078

Holy shit dude! Did you walk away untouched????

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
WOW! Glad you're OK.

Welcome back.

QUOTE]

View attachment 5075View attachment 5077
View attachment 5076View attachment 5078

Damn man glad you made it out safe too!

WOW! Glad you're OK.

Welcome back.

Thanks buddy!

Not a scratch

Isn't it nuts? Gotta love being lucky every now and then.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost my custom plate when my registration lapsed.... It was $40 a year and has gone up to $200 a year since I got mine in 2009. :( I love my STI and that plate is what made it mine and nicely ties it in with my online identity... But I hate the government more and they can fuck off with their 500% price increase.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lost my custom plate when my registration lapsed.... It was $40 a year and has gone up to $200 a year since I got mine in 2009. :(

I love my STI and that plate is what made it mine and nicely ties it in with my online identity... But I hate the government more and they can fuck off with their 500% price increase/ tax on the vain with money to spend.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost my custom plate when my registration lapsed.... It was $40 a year and has gone up to $200 a year since I got mine in 2009. :( I love my STI and that plate is what made it mine and nicely ties it in with my online identity... But I hate the government more and they can fuck off with their 500% price increase.

Awe damn that really sucks man, any new ideas for a new vanity plate/or add a letter in there? BBAD STI? or BADD STI? LOL Im want one this summer, but I figure I'll wait another year if NY passes some new bull**** law.

It runs better than it ever has. I kept getting out of my car happy from driving it again, walking past it, and feeling sad not seeing the familiar BAD STI plate. I gave in and spent $195 for the first year. But its so much better than before. Its almost symbolic of my STI's return to the world. Over 1 & 1/2 years in storage, almost 3 years of being on a limp tune. Well worth it but I'll still be pissed when it costs me $200 more next year to renew my registration LOL. :)

bpX9KGLoVXKvAUZhnm00C0PPvyLfQrsKiSsvGNmn66iVRL03MFW_i_tbR0OPQnadsJoHWUBQ-Ke0B9L5xU7DWFdCjaRPmVIGBVipCi16UNsRdiJ0sv3xFRgWdXJjThcwyvdMSwTi4lxkGay0aZEo6lZ22gM=s0-d-e1-ft

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That plate looks great! Almost makes me want to move to Texas... Almost.

LOL Fuck them and their $200 a year plates lol. I do love it here except for the weather. If any disaster happens here in the summer I'm putting a .45 through my skull within a week of not having AC. Some day when I have land and money I'm buying 100 of these for $250,000 and airconditioning an acre of it. It'll be the only part of the land I visit in the late spring, summer, early fall here. LOL

port-a-cool-paclnd01-3-l.jpg

I think its an outdoor heater. There are alot of those out here in Phoenix. They place them outside for use in the winter so people can be warm and still enjoy the outdoors. They have nozzles on water lines as well or attached to fans to cool you down in the summer too. I love it out here.