GD The BAD STI.... It has been a good run.

Alter3go

I've seen these as well when I was in the UK they also have the ones with umbrellas on top with a coil hidden In them so u can stand under n stay warm

yamahaSHO

Evap coolers don't work in humid weather, FYI.

I'm from Phoenix and they work extremely well, aside from Monsoon season. If you pump an evap cooler into your garage in TX, you'll just make it more miserable.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
yeah, gotta be dry. Where my dad grew up they called them "Swamp Coolers." Nobody had an actual refrigeration unit for the house, just evap coolers.

The modding has restarted!

Always hated my shifters height and the force required to enter a gear. Shifter extenders look like ass... but with my HPS+ pads squealing like crazy at every stop by design... My car is now 100% function over form.

After researching $50-$80 ones the one I liked best was from Torque Solution. MSRP $20. Got it on amazon for $10 :D.

shifterextension.jpg

It will be coated matte black to match the reverse lockout and shifter. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Oh wow. I love my inch long shift throw lmao.

Def want feedback when installed on how it is compared to short throws!

Will do. I hope it works out. My shifter is a 35% mechanically shorter throw than stock. It's also 1.5" shorter. The extender is 3". So my throw will be 35% shorter than stock + whatever distance the additional 1.5" in length compared to stock adds. It should still be significantly shorter than stock and with a lot more leverage. With my 400gram shift knob and the extra length it should shift like butter with little effort. The bushings will keep it nice and tight. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The BAD STI. It will never be sold

Oh then you should find a good leveling spot and take a before and after shot! :tup:

Im thinking from side and from top. Difference in distance!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
...with a superimposed image of lines and angle calculations. :D :tup:

Yes...yes yes yes yes!!!!

Deviate that genius plan!

Shifter felt great with the extra height but it looked like crap so I didn't even take it for a spin. Emailed WC Lathe Werks for a picture of theirs on an STI. Theirs appears to be cut so that it slips over the reverse lockout lever like a shift knob would... rather than leaving an ugly gap and exposed threads like the others. :tup:

Black%20Anodized%20STi%20Extensions.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow? Really? Wtf?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Tell Chris we said hi.

He does our knobs. :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I have something very similar on my car and the beauty of it is you can use it like a short throw shifter if you grab it down low and then use it like a long throw by grabbing it high. I find right in the middle seems the most comfortable for me. It really provides significant leverage and it is weighted perfectly. I think you will like it.

1361577253_2_FT9848_dsc04572.jpg

Will do. I hope it works out. My shifter is a 35% mechanically shorter throw than stock. It's also 1.5" shorter. The extender is 3". So my throw will be 35% shorter than stock + whatever distance the additional 1.5" in length compared to stock adds. It should still be significantly shorter than stock and with a lot more leverage. With my 400gram shift knob and the extra length it should shift like butter with little effort. The bushings will keep it nice and tight. :tup:

Heard back from Chris at WC Lathe Werks. There's still a gap between the RL and the extension which isnt the "clean" look I'm going for. My options are now a tall knob like the one above or switching my short shifter to a COBB one. The COBB one would give me 2.5" more than I'm currently at while having the RL and knob like I have it right now... seamless and clean.