GD The BAD STI.... It has been a good run.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That Bastard!

LOL I'm used to it. My Acura TL-S had $4k hail damage, a drunk guy kick a dent in it, and someone hit it speeding through a parking lot in the wrong direction within a 2 year time frame.

My STI was backed into the FIRST week I had it while parked, last year some little bastard opened a door into the fender, and to start off this new year someone hit it parking...

I expect at least something once a year... and I only drive ~6k miles a year. :lol:

I have my comprehensive deductible at $250 because of this.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That's so funny... I changed my comp as well for this very reason

jswansti

Sorry to hear that man! My mom backed into my STi last Thursday in the driveway while backing out of her garage. Just swung her giant Toyota Sequoia's ass right into my driver front fender. Gotta get the whole thing replaced now. I feel your pain though! I've had it fixed 2x for hail damage (hood, roof, trunk, doors), and the front end was in a minor accident 4 years ago (hood, bumper, headlights, and radiator replaced). Hope it turns out fine!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hell it's been just about a year since we heard from you :lol: Welcome Back!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wow... Its been a year since I've done anything with the car... That's fucking pathetic. Next weekend It's time to start playing with the car again. :tup:

Your still alive? :rofl:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh that's awesome... That's the one thing I wish I had was a garage. None of the work I have been wanting to do has to wait for warm weather.

As my absence has shown I haven't been as involved with my car and more importantly the community as I'd like to have been. This combined with a financial need for a future endeavor means its time to sell the STI. :(

My plan is my worst nightmare.... Return the car to as stock as possible. I'll be browsing the classifieds these next months for stock parts and of course making up for my long absence here. This forum looks fucking amazing! My final act shall be the greatest garage sell of high end parts this forum has seen!:D

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
As my absence has shown I haven't been as involved with my car and more importantly the community as I'd like to have been. This combined with a financial need for a future endeavor means its time to sell the STI. :(

My plan is my worst nightmare.... Return the car to as stock as possible. I'll be browsing the classifieds these next months for stock parts and of course making up for my long absence here. This forum looks fucking amazing! My final act shall be the greatest garage sell of high end parts this forum has seen!:D

Aw man! Sorry to hear that! If this is what you must do, then so be it. Whatever works for your benefit in the end. I'm definitely going to be keeping track of your threads then. Could you do some of us a favor and make a portfolio of your car? I want it to be remembered so we can all appreciate this species of machinery! :lol: If you have the time, of course. It'd make a sick way of completing this chapter of your life with a car that has done it all for you! :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I still want pictures regardless!!!! :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
LOL! Who am I kidding... I have the STI's replacement planned down to the wheels. :) I'll share more once I figure out how I'm going about dealing with the STI. :tup:

Oh man! You're going to kill us with anticipation! :lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You don't need an STI to stay here... I'm living proof of that. :lol:

Jared. I wish you the best in your endeavours! My guess is it is going to involve a corvette of some kind!