The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hmm that's odd. Same oil filter before and after the amsoil?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well, this is certainly a head scratcher...

So you used to use:

4.0 quarts of Castrol EDGE Titanium 5W-30
0.5 quarts of Lucas Oil Pure Synthetic Oil Stabilizer

Then switched to dominator 10W-30...
[MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] doesn't eat any with the dominator. I eat a little bit. You have only had issues with it... :(

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I need to change the oil in the worst kind of way. I know we've talked about engine oil again and again... I'm seriously considering going back to my old formula (though modified a bit) instead of AMSOIL Dominator. Talk me out of it tonight or this is going in tomorrow...

4.0 quarts of Castrol EDGE Titanium 5W-30
0.5 quarts of Lucas Oil Pure Synthetic Oil Stabilizer

First off, why do you wanna change or feel you need to?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Give us more info.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Mostly because I don't feel that I notice any difference in performance, yet I burn a bit of it. That said, it's pricey and I have to get it shipped. I can buy my formula at any auto parts store. Lastly, I trust the performance of Lucas Oil products and Castrol always provides a quality product.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Mostly because I don't feel that I notice any difference in performance, yet I burn a bit of it. That said, it's pricey and I have to get it shipped. I can buy my formula at any auto parts store. Lastly, I trust the performance of Lucas Oil products and Castrol always provides a quality product.
Then you have your answer. :)

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Yep. You've answered yourself. Though, I'm still a bit sketchy about adding oil additives but if it works for you, then by all means.
I'd still get a UOA just to make sure it's working and not messing with things.

Alter3go

Have you looked into revX? Also it's good to put Lucas oil stop leak oil additive every few oil changes on older vehicles. It doesn't damage your engine none and once settles stops leaks and lubricates moving parts oil tends to prolong engines. Sounds like a commercial. I used Lucas stop leak and revX in my vehicle and it shut it up a lot and I used it to help seal my valve cover gasket real well.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Why yikes? :lol: Amsoil recommends 15-25k! :lol:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Why yikes? :lol: Amsoil recommends 15-25k! :lol:
STi's run hard. We wouldn't trust any other oil than AMSOIL with longer change intervals, but that's just us.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I don't always let it go to 4500. I try to get it done around 3500. 4000 is generally my limit.
Amsoil, being a high quality oil with a longer change interval should be just fine at 4500 with a good quality oil filter.

I'm finally replacing my broken Oil Temp Sending cable today as well.

I honestly wouldn't be worried about letting it go to 5,500, though if I were to, I would not be beating the motor.

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Ahhh it idles so smooth now. I need to cut some damn holes in my splitter and skid plate so I can reach my oil pan plug and oil filter without having to remove it all every time I change the oil. It takes so much longer with that shit.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I can hardly believe the time it took for the oil to reach operating temperature. (I got the oil temp cable replaced yesterday.)

I remember having this conversation with you guys once before; most said that their coolant comes up to temp way before the oil does. Now I've seen it for myself, but I'm still a little surprised how long it took.

Last edited: