The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
They look like about $210. I think I'd do the install myself. Seeing how I am more than capable of doing my own electrical work, I see no reason to send my headlights to Lightwerkz and have them do it for me (unless they have some kind of special, free install deal). I suppose I'll probably hold off on these until other more pressing issues are corrected and my engine build is complete.

Either way, I can't wait to get the new lenses on my headlights. I think $160 shipped was a great deal for two lightly used headlights.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Got pics of the new lights?

Mobile Signature: Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Them look great!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Angel eyes on a blobeye? Pics? I'm not sure how I feel about that. I have a feeling it'd look weird. Like when I think of angel eyes, I think of (ironically) something sinister peering out from underneath the hood like squinted eyelids.

But the headlights for our cars isn't under the hood at all, so it just looks like someone wideeyed and surprised.

Here's my retarded analogy

So instead of this:
KEiWI6r.png

you have this:

tumblr_majjdfRIdl1qc7mh1.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Ahh lol.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Yeah fixed it with about 15 sec...you must've been fast. Still applies, IMO. But everyone has their own style, so if you like it do it!

:lol: I think it looks pretty good, but ultimately it's form over function and you guys know that when it comes right down to it, I'd rather spend my money on function over form. Maybe one day soon when I get all my other engagements paid off and am able to max out my IRA contributions, I'll drop in a built motor, get some angel eyes and repaint or wrap the entire car.

One day... Hopefully one day SOON.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
There's always something fucky going on around here. I fired up the Batmobile today after work to take it for a short drive. I was letting it warm up and soon started smelling gasoline. I thought, "son of a bitch...I thought I fixed that issue already"! So I popped the hood and checked the fuel lines I had previously repaired. They were all fine, so I got a flashlight and started looking around in the engine bay. Sure enough, I have a substantial fuel leak somewhere near the backside of the engine... i.e. somewhere below the throttle body but more on the passenger side. There is so much shit packed into the engine bay in that area, I can't see exactly where it's coming from.

FML, I hardly have enough time to put in 40 hours at work, complete all my college homework and get basic household/property maintenance done without this shit. I don't know when I'll get around to tearing this apart, but I'm sure it's going to suck.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
FML, I hardly have enough time to put in 40 hours at work, complete all my college homework and get basic household/property maintenance done without this shit. I don't know when I'll get around to tearing this apart, but I'm sure it's going to suck.

I feel you on that man. I have lists of shit to do that just keeps growing. Never enough time.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I just don't get it. A couple weeks ago I started up the car and noticed smelling gasoline quite strong. I noticed a pretty good fuel leak but didn't have the time to fix it. I just started the car again with the intention of finding the leak and fixing it. Wouldn't you know, I can't find it. Fml
Maybe I should go drive around the block.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
The leak probably sealed up. Looked for a bubble in the lines.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The leak was buried under a ton of other components. I've been trying to look closely with a flashlight, but no dice. I expect to eventually find it by feeling around rather than seeing it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Gas lines swell up or crack.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Well, I took it for a spirited drive and now it's definitely leaking. I can't see shit besides gasoline flowing onto the block/head underneath and a bit forward of the turbo.

Any ideas? :(

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Get it jacked up or on a rack.