The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
It doesn't say on the pump, but I think it's either 100 or 110. Trying to verify that now. It was $7.49/gallon.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wouldnt it be worthless if youre tuned for 93 though?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
is it leaded?

http://www.turboblue.com/products_4

If it was 100 it was unleaded. If it was 110 it was leaded. But I doubt it was the 100, because that states its street legal.

Dont do leaded.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
110 Octane Rating.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
It's at the Valero station on the corner of Ford and Haggerty in Canton, MI. I just looked up Turbo Blue and it looks like the "Turbo Blue Unleaded" which was on the pump sticker, is 100 octane.

I don't expect to make any more power because I'm tuned for 93, but I thought a few gallons might give me a bit of added protection in case I do anything retarded like slam the rev limiter accidentally or have a methanol system failure during the race.

I don't think I trust the bottled octane boosters at the parts store.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
It was unleaded for sure. I checked for that before even trying my credit card.

It's at the Valero station on the corner of Ford and Haggerty in Canton, MI. I just looked up Turbo Blue and it looks like the "Turbo Blue Unleaded" which was on the pump sticker, is 100 octane.

I don't expect to make any more power because I'm tuned for 93, but I thought a few gallons might give me a bit of added protection in case I do anything retarded like slam the rev limiter accidentally or have a methanol system failure during the race.

I don't think I trust the bottled octane boosters at the parts store.

Yeah I don't trust those either, I'd stay on the sideof caution if were you. Do so me more research before putting it in your car.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Is Torco available off the shelf in parts stores? I might call around and ask this afternoon.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Where the hell do I get a bottle of Toluene? :lol: I know that's a tried and true method.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I've only gotten torco from Amazon. Lol
No stores here carry it, at least the accelerator.
Toluene or xylene can be had at paint stores.
Be careful because many states regulate this shit because it is an ingredient in making meth. You almost certainly will not be able to buy in larger quantities unless your a legit business.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Good call, Spamby. I was looking around online and it seems like Home Depot might
have toluene, but more likely have xylene on the shelves. I'm gonna see if I can get
my girlfriend to stop by Home Depot on the way home. :lol:

ZackUSAF82

Lol, sure make your gf look like the one that's cooking up some meth...I'm sure she's going to love you for that. :p