What tires to buy?

What tires should I buy?

• Total voters

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
JJ do you have a Discount Tire near you in PA?

If you do call them and see if they can order the tires for you from Tire Rack. This is what I did. They were able to save me $$ on shipping and installation.

I will check into that tomorrow. Thanks.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I hate these dang polls, lol. Going to order my tires here in a few.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
My stock tires are 225 45 17. Will 245 40 17 fit? Or is it 225 40 17. I'm confused, lol. To many dang things in my head.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Jared I called my boy at tire rack. He said 245/40/17 will fit my rims, but don't know if they will rub anywhere. Do you know if they will rub?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Adam 17x8 if that's what you mean.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm on stock suspension.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
So on stock suspension will 245/40/17 work without rubbing?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'll be running a set of Stance USA coils this summer, on the STi and AST4100 custom valved with swift springs on the wagon. Ill have to get you behind the wheels and see which you like better.

AST4100 FTW! Sounds good to me. :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How many miles will I get from the Star Specs? I have heard 10,000 to 15,000 miles. I guess it depends how hard you are on them. I just don't know if I'm sold on them yet. I'm a big fan of the Potenzas.

Last edited:

Paul.c

JJ, as little as you drive your STi does it really matter? If you are going to track it then I would buy dedicated dd tires and track tires and not worry about the mileage

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
JJ, as little as you drive your STi does it really matter? If you are going to track it then I would buy dedicated dd tires and track tires and not worry about the mileage

I hear ya, lol.

JJ BUY SOME DAMN TIRES ALREADY!

FWIW I'm expecting my Star Specs to last 20k miles+. I've only had 4 auto cross runs on them (runs not events) and havent had time to go again. They have about 9K on them and still look great. Next time I'm in the garage I'll check the tread with my tread depth gauge and be able to give an accurate wear amount for Star Specs as DD tires.