More Power??? Or go for looks??? Help Please????

cobbtunedsti

New plan: Talked to Kevin @ Cobbtuning. Cobb Springs-$250 w/ $399 labor w/ alinement.. Labor on clutch is $550..

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
@Fr3ak what clutch do you have and does it hold your power level at WOT and launch??

I'm currently still using the ACT HD clutch kit. It holds the power (on the dyno) but I'm sure the first time I launch it, it's done lol I myself will be in the market for getting a carbon twin disk FM022SDMC1, it's the sprung one. Everyone says the driveablity is unreal for the sacrifice of a LITTLE chatter. Get a pucked clutch and your leg will get tired. I've felt a buddies 6-puck and it was stiff as &^*%

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
ACT. I would assume sprung but can't verify that.

cobbtunedsti

Act 6 puck.. I'm thinking sprung?? But you get faster shifts if it unsprung!!!! Act says the unsprung shortens the life of something??? Can any one verify????

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
clutch pads??

cobbtunedsti

Surely the clutch itself don't last as long.. Found it.. Spine life.. What's this??

cobbtunedsti

I will try to launch my car today and post it on FB and youtube to see if I need to buy the 6 puck.. Lol

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Post it on here so we can see also.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Roast it!! NO BALLS!! lmao

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
lol click the "insert video" button and insert the url from the youtube address bar....too easy. If you haven't already, start a journal!!:tup:

cobbtunedsti

My clutch works:):) I brake boosted from a 40 and spun all 4:) then launched it from 5,600 rpm and it spun all 4.. I crapped my pants.. Lol how do you keep from wheel hop?? Will springs help??

cobbtunedsti

Jared.. I'll buy a clutch but won't install it.. I'll still have $500 what next?? Maybe Whiteline ALK??