Spamby's '08 STi

ZachTTLM

Yes [MENTION=2898]RIPsta[/MENTION] hit me up, I would be happy to provide a price for any of the parts you need. Thanks [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] for the mention! We are here to help anyone with their parts needs.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Deteriorating roads, super cold winter and the last three weeks of nothing but rain equals what boys and girls?
Futher muking broken windshield, that's what.
Mine has looked like shit for many years with lots of nicks and little stars but the tiny rock I got today sent an eight inch crack from the passenger a pillar, center window, streaming towards the drivers side. I could hear and see it get bigger as I drove on. Then, it grows another three inches while it sits at work. Lol
Safelite repair, safelite replace. Hopefully theirs is better than oem.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Wow. Been a helluva week for windows. Neighbor decided to treat the porsche with a rock thrown from his weedwacker. SMH. The stars are just not aligned in my life.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402802824.355942.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Hope he's paying for it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Did you make sure to thank him?

Unreal man... :tdown:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Did you make sure to thank him?

Unreal man... :tdown:

They are poor to say the least. By choice or by circumstance, I'm not sure. Probably a bit of both. His girlfriend has three kids, one of which is his, the other two not. She doesn't work and him it seems on occasion.
They've been renting the place under a buddy deal, I'm sure, from the old owner. They don't take very good care of anything they have and the house is kind of a mess. Nice people but just squirrelly I guess is the word.
We'll get the bill and hand it over and see what happens. At the least he can pay some and then work the rest off; like mowing my lawn for the summer.
I check two places tonight and they don't carry glass in stock for this vehicle. We're gonna call the dealer and see what they say, on Monday.
Though the VW toureg and Audi q7 share similar traits with the cayenne I don't see it being too much of a problem. Maybe I can cross reference the VW part and just tell em it's a T-reg? Those seem to be more common anyway with an in stock more likely.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ouch, pamper the anus for a hefty bill from the dealer... German parts... :(

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
No glass place would touch the car. Said basically they don't want to take the liability for an "exotic". Lol. Dealer only, they say.
Dealer wanted 753.00. That's 140 for the window and about 600 in labor. Plus over a week before they could get it in. So I called my trusty indie shop and they said 140 for the window and about 360 in labor. That was Monday and now the window is here so it'll be fixed tomorrow.
Been driving the windowless hoopty so now tomorrow I'm back in the scoob. Betcha my seats and mirrors are all outta whack? Well, at least the seats. She doesn't use mirrors. Lol

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
:doh: sheesh! Nice hook up though! :tup: