Spamby's '08 STi

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How long did it take you?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
No kidding. The only thing I can think of is that they did that to protect from all of the off-roading this thing was supposed to do. As if hardly anyone truely off-roads these things. lol

Took me about 16 hours of solid work. Hit a few snags and had to repair a bunch of plastic hoses that snapped.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Did the first oil change after the ethanol setup. Man that oil smells different. Definitely can tell I'm using alcohol.
Also drained the AOS for the first time. Got about two fingers in a typical water bottle from both cans, combined total. Pure liquid about the color of dark piss. Smells like some rude alcoholic beverage.
Not as much as I thought but I guess they are doing their job.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Got a block heater coming. Tired of the start die cycle below 45*. Really tired of answering the "what's wrong with your car?" questions. Then trying to explain that your running E85 and why it has a hard time starting when it's cold. Then I get to hear all of the reasons E85 is evil and that I am fucking up my car and that is part of the reasons why it wont start quickly. I even had one guy ask why I just don't run alcohol as it would be better than ethanol. :lol:

Install time comes, I'll post pics.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
And clearing out some more photos.
These were taken when I first got my coilovers. I had taken measurements and submitted them to Vorshlag as they were looking to do camber plates and perches for OEM strut/springs and/or coilovers utilizing OEM diameter springs.

P3310356.jpg

P3310355.jpg

P3310354.jpg

P3310353.jpg

P3310352.jpg

P3310351.jpg

P3310349.jpg

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
A few more.

The first two are when we used to get snow in the winter...

The last is when I tinted the tails.

0129101706b.jpg

P1290015.jpg

P3200065.jpg

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Do you have a good catch can setup? That corn sure produces a lot of water! after 1400 miles my 600ml catch can was about 1/3 of the way full of just disgusting smelling water

Moroso cans. didn't get that much out after 2 months

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Time to go drifting!!! :rallydriver:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Plastidip again, this time for the Works. Figured I'd do this or do something stupid like buy new wheels. Kinda getting tired of the XT7's so I needed a change.

Install next weekend. Got some cupping on the inner edges of the rear tires so I need some time to examine the situation. Kinda think it has to do with the camber and toe in rear. Need these adjustable arms!! Happy Father's Day to me?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367190485.367904.jpg

Last edited:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Supertones came today. She bought the kit with the mount and harness.
We'll see if I can get these in this weekend.
Between baby, baby and more baby and regular chores, time has become a valuable commodity.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Horns are fitted and wired.
Test at five feet in front proved ear bleeding. Holy shit balls these are gonna be loud. Outta my way redneck real tree trucks!
Time to put her back together.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367793409.249134.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Very nice. Go out an take a complete picture of the entire car. Rims look promising.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Here it is. Camera phone on the fly but you get the point. Maybe if weather cooperates next weekend ill get some better pics

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367799265.801285.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367799265.801285.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Very very very nice. Cant wait to see pro pics!