Spamby's '08 STi

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
On a side note, when I changed the wheels I inspected the rear suspension for anything out of the ordinary. (I had cupping of the inside edges of the rear tires) i didn't find anything out of the ordinary but I did notice that the preload of the coilovers was off, left vs. right side, front and back.
Long story short, for the past some time I had some funky on/off throttle steering, basically the car would go left when on the throttle and then right on throttle lift. I didn't notice it when I had the stock wheels on but it was prevalent when the Works were on. This past winter, I started noticing it a little bit with the BBS on.
Soooo, I cinched up the passenger side to match the right and all seems well, very well in fact. I didn't realize how quarky the handling was until now that I readjusted it. Smooth as butter now.
And yes, my dumbass self, who checks and rechecks everything, didn't recheck this. Guess that's what haste gets you.

Still yet, new rear arms and toe arms are in order. Need to get the camber back and get a better option for rear toe.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yeah, the wheels look great! :tup:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Went to change the oil today and the hood catch would not disengage the hood. Low and behold the new hella horn mount was preventing the catch from its full rang of motion.
FYI to those that may have or want the mount kit from ADMotorsports.net. You will need to drop the mount lower if you ever want to get your hood open again. Or just bend it. Either way a friendly PSA.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah, I attempted to wash my car today. 20 minutes later it was covered front to back with tree sperm. I give up. :mad:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
It's bad, really bad. The paint is hazed with lots of scratches. What was supposed to be a quick clay and wax is now a full blown detail.
The buffer machine is out and all of the trimmings. Guess this will go into the evening.
To make it worse, the damn wind is blowing full force and I've had to shut the doors. Yah! It's like a sauna in here.

If your not claying then you need to be!

ma5e6a5u.jpg

You can kinda see the spot I buffed out. Pics of course do it no justice.

a5emunuh.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369681757.718760.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369681757.718760.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

orestes85

I need to just drop a few hundred on a Flex rotary buffer and some menzerna polishes and do mine the right way. My paint is so bad right now I'm pretty sure the roof and trunk are going to have to be wetsanded to get all the shit out of them. I'm gonna try a medium clay followed by a fine clay and see if that gets all the crud out but I'm not holding my breath. The roof I might just carbon wrap and the trunk...well...we'll see.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I need to just drop a few hundred on a Flex rotary buffer and some menzerna polishes and do mine the right way. My paint is so bad right now I'm pretty sure the roof and trunk are going to have to be wetsanded to get all the shit out of them. I'm gonna try a medium clay followed by a fine clay and see if that gets all the crud out but I'm not holding my breath. The roof I might just carbon wrap and the trunk...well...we'll see.

That's what I did a few years back. Dropped about 500 and went all out on a detail set. It paid for itself the second time used. Towels to the buffer and everything in between.
Considering a good detail is several hundred its money well spent. That and subarus paint is a laugh at best.
I work with a guy that paid around 900 for his 07 vette to be detailed. The paint was really bad cause he never did anything but wash it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
All I see is chicken legs! :rofl:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That reflection. :lol:
Great job! :tup: