Ignition Timing
Dynamic Advance
A/F Correction #1
A/F Learned #1
A/F Sensor Ratio
Close/Open loop switch
MAF Voltage
Gear

Please do some normal around town driving, a little bit of highway cruise and some mild boost.

George

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Thanks, George! I'm about to go out and get to work on the plugs. When that is complete, I will take some logs. I did manage to find my registration stuff squirreled away in the armory. So I'm good to drive around a bit.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How in the world did you manage to find time AND put in effort all in the same day?! :tard:

Good stuff. Show us pictures of the fouled plugs afterwards! :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Hey dude, I've got a busy life.

Hey George, [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] you're sure about 0.028" gap? Keep in mind I run methanol, fmic, gt3071, 20 psi.

Just checking. I found cylinder 2 to be 0.0315 a minute ago. Regapped it to 0.028.

Aaaand continuing.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If you aren't replacing your plugs, how many miles do they have? 0.028 is the magic number!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
717340de696b193689b3466e2f6074b4.jpg

Cylinder 4. Does this look fouled to you? Electrode and ground strap seem clean, but the top of the plug body seems pretty blackened.

Gap on it is perfect.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
1K miles isn't anything. They look good. I change mine every 25K miles.

sparkplugs.gif

What%20is%20a%20Fouled%20SP

Plugs are only $40 and it's a once a year thing, so I always replace for peace of mind. (Maybe once every 2 years if you don't drive much.)

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Plug Gaps found...
Cylinder:
1 ~0.0300"
2 ~0.0315"
3 ~0.0300"
4 ~0.0280"

All regapped to 0.0280".

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
As far as the appearance, I don't think they look bad, just paranoid about everything because I don't know what is wrong yet.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Just got out of the shower. I was dieing out there. It's 94 in the shade. Gonna get something to eat and then head out for a cruise. After I get it thoroughly warmed up, I'll take a few logs.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I just got back from riding. Same temperature over here. It's hot on the bike, so I can't imagine what it'll be like in the car. That's assuming you roll windows down ONLY like I do. :lol: F@!? A/C! :banghead: :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Yeah, I rarely ever use my A/C. I was about to drop over in the garage. Ended up pushing the car into the driveway under the tree and it was almost bearable. After moving back up north, I can't handle that shit anymore.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How Ryan feels when he goes outside in this heat. :lmao:

w6x9HKV.gif

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
There should be some noticeable fuckery in these logs, to the trained eye.

Correcting the plug gap didn't fix the problem.

Still running into that hesistation problem around 10 psi of boost. (That's when my methanol starts coming on, BUT I tested the system and it is flowing properly. Not only that, but AFRs would go lean at 10 psi if the methanol wasn't spraying.) AFR seems to be in the proper neighborhood at the point that this issue occurs. That said, I probably shouldn't be knocking. I sure hope I'm not. It's very difficult to tell what exactly is happening.

***When the issue occurs, it's as if I lifted off the throttle and spiked the brakes while simultaneously shitting some serious flames and backfires as loud as gun shots.***

I shit you not, a guy walking down the sidewalk jumped a little in Datalog 4 (below) when I hit that point, before backing off the throttle. Loudest backfire I've ever produced. No doubt. That was right as I was coming up on, and about to pass, 10 psi of boost.

With my under-trained eye, I can't recognize the problem, but George may be able to. To me, everything looks relatively fine. I also might have to log different parameters to see it. Not sure yet.

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=5942]Real Auto Dynamics[/MENTION]

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I will have a look. Give me a little bit of time to go through these. :tup:

Is this a pro-tune i am assuming?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I will have a look. Give me a little bit of time to go through these. :tup:

Is this a pro-tune i am assuming?
Awesome. Thanks again, George! Yes, this is a protune. 93 Octane + Methanol.

Okay there is no doubt in my mind that there is a leak after the turbo under boost... Look at your fuel trims. -25% is compensating for an extreme rich condition.

Capture.JPG