The Nerd's 06 STi

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I just got bored with the setup now. I have an ETS rotated 5858 & fmic in the mail. I also have torque solutions motor mounts, trans mount, and shifter bushings coming. I also was able to obtain a cosworth intake manifold, and the killer bee coolant expansion reservoir for the rotated kit. Sitting at the house now I already have a killer bee oil pan, oil baffle, tial bov, aem V2 ecu, aem iat & 3.5bar map sensors, and a Walbro 400lph E85 fuel pump. I need to order a GM E85 sensor so I can complete this flex fuel setup. After I get that squared away I'm selling my parts off to buy Fortune 500 coilovers, a Perrin Sway bar, and Kartboy end links. I want this to be a well rounded toy. I also need some body work and a Seibon CW1 style CF hood. It's gonna be fun once its done.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Jeebus man. Your really going to go all out.

I remember talking to you and you werent too crazy for performance ... HP bug got you!!! Thats ok, im just as bad, got my 04 STi to 440HP 460TQ and that wasnt enough. I have a sleeved 2.7L, built heads, and a rotated GTX3582 sitting in my engine bay. Waiting for Vi-Pec ECU and ID2000cc injectors. I have 1600s for sale if u need...

I'm not sure how far I am going. I still drive it 500 miles a week easily. I'm getting tempted to just rebuild the entire car sometimes. I think after this step I'm going to start saving for a GTR. I drive/ride in an Alpha 10 regularly now, and it's the next logical step up for me.

So my current exhaust system is too restrictive. I'm looking for a 4" catback possibly? What's the least restrictive exhaust system out? Looking for one with some sort of muffler, N1 style is fine. This Cobb catback is holding me back.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The Cobb catback is that restrictive? How about an APS 3.5" turboback?

How about modifying your downpipe or midpipe for an exhaust cutout and if possible, have a separate tune for it?

I'd love the APS 3.5" if I could find it for sale in America. I really don't want to run a E cut on it either. Apparently I've melted the shit out of the muffler in my cobb. It doesn't like track use with my Dom 2.5xt-r.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I've often fantasized about (after I win the powerball) turning the Batmobile into a track monster that would include an E-cut that dumped into a 3.5-4" side pipe that exited a foot ahead of the drivers rear wheel. Idk, it just seems so wicked.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
HOLY CRAP!